Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
NEW BLACK YOTA
2008 tacoma 4x4
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused: I was driving home last night from work and saw this whit taco with the brights lights I have ever seen they were super white can anyone tell me what they were useing....:confused:

·
NEW BLACK YOTA
2008 tacoma 4x4
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not really sure what that is I know what HIDs are but where can you get them. Sorry for asking I know there is a thread about it some where

·
Registered
666 Posts
I have their single beam kit. they are really nice. I've been running them for a little over a month now, and they are super bright. They ship real fast too.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I believe there is a group buy a member is doing by the name of "Slimcubby". He had sold several dozen sets and everyone says they are great. Not to mention the prices are great.
I think it is on this forum, it may be Tacomaworld.com though. Just check in the Group buy section and it is one of the first 3 posts.

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
Glare? Road legal? Gonna piss off other drivers? I want some brighter lights but I don't need to deal with people flashing me. My wife drives at night occasionally but she can't deal with people flashing her, her eyes don't adjust as quick.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
you can aim your head lights down. It's pretty much just turning a knob. Also make sure your lights have some good shields, i haven't been high beamed in my truck, but i get it all the time in the tercel since those lights didn't come with shields.

·
Registered
06 TRD Sport 4x4
1,459 Posts
Glare? Road legal? Gonna piss off other drivers? I want some brighter lights but I don't need to deal with people flashing me. My wife drives at night occasionally but she can't deal with people flashing her, her eyes don't adjust as quick.
No one flashing me here. I have the 5000k HID from slimcubby's group buy, they look like the same one's from VVME.

The key is how you aim them especially if you have a lift.

·
Griff
914 Posts
Is that the correct kit i found for $73 because that sounds way too cheap for the bi xenon kit
that's what i was thinking....

i've been wanting HIDs for a while now. HIDs are usually pretty expensive, especially bi-xexon. if more and more people say good things about this company, i may just pull the plug and buy them. i've been looking at the mod-express HIDs. they look like great quality and i've heard no complaints from people that have them. plus, they're a supporting TN member.

·
Rad Red Prerunner
579 Posts
Same i want to buy them too, and it says regular msrp $333 so they are major discount! And I have only heard good things from this company.

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
Doing some google research. A few are calling it a scam, but one dude was shipping to LATVIA? LOL
http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?t=30474

Heres an interesting forum. One guy thinks he got scammed, then about half a dozen people backed up the website:
http://audiforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89034

and another giving good reviews for them:
http://www.audiforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74577

Seems like the consensus is they're legit. I understand that problems can and will happen.

Website claims he's located in Delaware.

Read the install here: http://www.vvme.com/support.jsp

I'm curious if the person above in the forum who purchased the single beam had to drill out their light at all? I'm not too keen on doing such, in case I decide I don't like the kit, I would like the assurance I can reinstall the orig lamps.

·
Griff
914 Posts
^ they do seem pretty legit. no, you wouldn't need to drill anything... from what i've gathered. most of the people were complaining about shipping.... which isn't always the seller's fault, obviously.

i've been checking out their ebay name, flashplus, from what everyone says on the audi forums, and their seller rating is 98.2. not bad for selling 19,000 products. the neutral and negative ratings mostly come from people complaining about shipping errors. for the majority, everyone seems to be happy with them.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts