Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Griff
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my rear bumper has some pretty good scraps and paint pealing on it. I want to Line-X it i think. I don't want to have it Line-Xed the normal black color because i have the sport package and want to keep the color keyed rear bumper.

Line-X offers Line-X Xtra.... it's pretty much Line-X in whatever color you want. You can pick from the colors they have or you can get an EXACT match color if you give them your paint code. I have a silver streak tacoma... check my cardomain in my sig if you want to check it out. I know the paint code is 1E7. I know a guy on here has had his chrome rear bumper Line-Xed in the normal black for $90. That's pretty cheap in my mind and I would assume the paint-to-match couldn't be anymore than $150. I was just wondering if anyone has had anything Line-X Xtra...ed. I would assume that it is just as good of quality.

Anyone???..... post up some pics if you have had it done.

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
I did rattle can 3M texture coat which is the same thing only in a can. I did my front billet grille...haven't posted pics yet as I have been busy with work and doing other mods. The pics will be up shortly!

·
Griff
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did rattle can 3M texture coat which is the same thing only in a can. I did my front billet grille...haven't posted pics yet as I have been busy with work and doing other mods. The pics will be up shortly!

ya, i just used that on my hitch. it's good stuff, but i want a PERFECTLY uniform look. i know some undercoat sprays are rubberized and can be painted, but the Line-X Xtra has the paint mixed in with it. thanks though. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I agree it will match up, Ive seen it done a few times and it looks great. Line X is the best out there hands down, all other fail in comparison.

·
Griff
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
definitely not doing it the homemade way.

either that guy doesn't know how to paint or that herculiner stuff doesn't look as good as i would have thought.

if i ever go thru with this, i'm definitely going the color matched line-x

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
definitely not doing it the homemade way.

either that guy doesn't know how to paint or that herculiner stuff doesn't look as good as i would have thought.

if i ever go thru with this, i'm definitely going the color matched line-x

I know it looks pretty bad, but just given you a jump start. BTW, color matched would be bad as I have seen lighter colored Line-X fade because it gets contaminated with dust and dirt....unless the new stuff works better. I say just get it powder coated to be color matched. Cheaper then getting a color matched bumper! :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts