Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious who else out there has run into these issues with this new generation of camry: here is a list of all the issues that have happened in my situation with most being unresolved

1) Transmission: talked about at nauseam with service dept; they wont do anything until service/malfunction light comes on
Got the tsb update that helped a little but this programing is so bad I know exactly when it will act up with the worst part not being able to stop it from happening: few folks on here were lucky to have their ECM replaced but not in my case

2) HVAC: numerous issues: from a whistling sound when the fan is on max (they did fix it: they explained to me that the back panel of the inside air cabin filter was installed improperly)
B) Mildew smell when using AC: followed all the things to prevent this but mildew smell every time I use the AC: service says its from the “organic materials trapped in the cabin air filter”: is that why there is a class action lawsuit for the previous model? They still havent fixed this issue

C) Rumbling sound form the blow motor that they wont fix

3) Driver side seat belt tension: rattling sound that they tried to fix to no avail

4) Rattling sound from moonroof on both the driver and passenger: service wont fix until they hear the sound even though a tsb has been made for this issue: apparently corporate is trying to limit these repairs as it is costly for them

5) Blind spot monitoring is spotty at best: what a lousy BSM system they have created for this car: it dosent work and they refuse to update the sensor alignment as stated in a tsb

6) Can anyone else toggle between apps on apple car play? I cant, i can only listen to one music app per driving session or by unplugging my phone and re starting.

I have a J car with 30 thousand miles. I have had a few toyotas before this and I don’t remember having such issues especially with their transmission and hvac units. Very disappointed, last camry and probably last toyota. Corporate could care less but their cars are just not what they used to be.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Send this list to the press. Toyota is a top performer in the quality image. They wouldn’t want a dent in that.

I’m preparing a file for the Canadian press to publish on the transmission/throttle delay causing dangerous driving conditions. I’m currently cooperating with a national TV media service here. They are trying to get more info and prepare their reporting on this. There are sufficient complaints out there to get their attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Interesting. I have a US build with 42k miles and haven't had any issues besides the transmission which has improved a lot since I bought the car at 20k. Mine's been flawless. I support the theory that the 8th gens seem to be bad simply due to the fact that everyone here is the vocal minority. No one really talks about how good something is, but when something is bad, that's all you hear.

Also, the music app issue sounds like a phone problem since Apple Carplay just acts as a 2nd monitor to your phone. Might wanna restart your phone or update the OS. Have you updated to iOS 13 yet? It improves Carplay a lot and can potentially fix your issue.

·
1,638 Posts
4. I believe the rattling is caused by a clip that was placed incorrectly, it just needs to be placed correctly. At least that was the issue for the panoramic moon roof.

6. You can't go from, for example, apple music to spotify? So you are listening to apple music and you want to switch to spotify, you can't click on spotify and select the music to play? Sounds like a phone issue not entune issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts