Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why can I charge my iPhone 8 AND listen to a podcast on my 2019 highlander and not on my 2015 highlander. I feel like my settings randomly change and I can’t figure out the rhythm in order to fix it. Please help! It’s “driving” me bonkers. I spend a lot of time in the car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for responding! If I turn Bluetooth off, I can charge and listen to podcasts etc. problem is, I need Bluetooth on in order to accept phone calls etc. I swear, it used to work on my 2015 and now it works on my 2019.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Thank you for responding! If I turn Bluetooth off, I can charge and listen to podcasts etc. problem is, I need Bluetooth on in order to accept phone calls etc. I swear, it used to work on my 2015 and now it works on my 2019.
Sorry for making guess here... I am leaning towards possible iOS upgrade that lead o the issue with your 2015 HL; yet, have you tried to delete this iPhone connect off your 2015 HL (same on your iPhone, delete connection history of this 2015 HL) then re-establish connection, if that makes any different (otherwise, as many members suggested/experienced through other threads, change the iOS to another version if you have that option). just my thoughts....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’ll try that. Thank you. I’m up to date on my iOS updates. I really appreciate your time!!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do know my 2015 is very temperamental. Sometimes the audio works or doesn’t work depending on if I’ve started a podcast before getting in the car. I try to figure out what does work so i can be successful next time.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Have you ever upgraded your 2015 HL Entune's firmware? If Not, are you open to try the upgrade ? Note: I have heard a couple of people had issue doing and/or after the upgrade; I have done it on my 2016 HL with no issue. I am Not saying that the upgrade will or will not solve the issue for you, but, just a thought other than getting yourself a big new Christmas present . ;)

If you do decide to do the upgrade (note, this does not include any navigation map update), before getting started, make sure you are familiar and clearly understood all the steps.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just wanted to post here on symptoms I am having with the IPhone IoS 13.2 OS update.
I can no longer use any audio apps through the Entune Premium interface while also tethered to USB. Bluetooth connection works for any app launched (including IHeart Radio and Spotify) from the Iphone, but using the Entune interface for IHeartRadio while tethered results in "Audio not available from phone" error message.

I called Toyota and they are well aware of this issue and are working with Apple to either provide an Entune or IOS over the air update.

There is no ETA on this issue but at least they are actively working towards a fix.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Good information!
The situation with 'bwaters' iPhone current iOS works with his/her 2019 but no long with the 2015 HL, to avoid the possibility of not working with either vehicle, I suggested trying other possibility through his/her 2015 HL....
Good to know that Toyota is already working with Apple; even as you said "There is no ETA on this issue but at least they are actively working towards a fix".

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good information! Glad it’s not just me. I updated entune early this AM. The message read that it was mandatory. Didn’t help my situation. I decided I would enquire at Toyota as I was on my way there for something unrelated. I knew there was someone there who would look into the issue. My spouse asked me to try one more time on our way aaaand it worked. This has been going on for months. Let’s see how long this lasts. I appreciate everyone’s input!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts