Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
straight cash homie
21,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.leftlanenews.com/toyota-yaris-2012.html
Our spy photographers previously captured what was at the time first visual confirmation that Toyota is working on an all-new version of its Yaris sub-compact. Today, our spies managed to capture images of a testing prototype that is actually wearing the production sheetmetal, rather than various bits and pieces from older models.

Based on these latest shots, it appears to be both longer and wider than the current Yaris. Expect the Yaris to continue as a sedan and hatch, but we've also heard rumors that a seven-passenger (!) MPV could be in the works.

The Yaris' 1.5-liter four-cylinder could carryover, although a larger 1.8-liter unit remains a distinct possibility. Toyota is reportedly working on hybrid and electric version of the next Yaris, although it will likely be a few years before we see those models.

Look for the all-new Yaris to make its global debut sometime in 2011, although the hatchback probably won't make it to Toyota dealerships until 2012.

If they have a TS/RS model with a 6 speed transmission like what they offered in Europe and Japan, I might be interested. Otherwise,

·
CRESSIDA!!!
1984 Toyota Cressida
5,632 Posts
Doesn't seem to stray far from the current car. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I do hope they spice it up some. I really, REALLY am anxious to see the Camry. That is by far the most important thing they have on their plate right now.

·
Vivir el momento
Corolla
18,784 Posts
Looks like a refresh similar to what the Avalon received.

Hope they get rid of the stupid center mount gauge cluster.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,986 Posts
I know a lot of people hate the center mounted gauges but I'm bias and I don't mind it. In a bigger car probably won't make sense but a smaller car yes. It frees up space in the drivers area where they sit. Also you get used to it. Well most do. Cause when I get in a normal car where the gauges are in front of you I'm thrown off. I'm used to looking to my upper right to see the gauges. But instead I have to look down away from the road and through the steering wheel to see my gauges. The center mounted ones help you not to take your eyes entirely off the road you can use your peripherals.

That's my opinion. Not to say every car has to have center mounted gauges. I like it cause its different and quirky. Like me:D

Well hopefully Toyota steps up their game. I read awhile ago the 1.5ltr will be a new one. I hope its not a carry over. Its over 10 years old. Okay minor tweeks here and there but still the same engine. Seriously Toyota stop slacking. Hopefully the weight won't go up too much which kills performance and mpg especially for a "low" powered car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts