Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
Premium Member
'18 Toyota Camry XSE
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I've put together as complete as possible list of Customization options available in the 18 Camry.
This does NOT include any engine/transmission calibrations.

I have TechStream and the interface to make the changes, and I'm offering to make changes that others in the local area.
So, if you are near Rancho Cucamonga, you can hit me up to setup a time to drop by and I can make the changes for you.
(Your local dealer can do it too, but some charge)

I'm hoping that others will offer up the same service in other areas too.

Anyway, I'm attaching a PDF of the options.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Awesome info, much thanks!

I find this one interesting:

Body Control with Torque Demand - Function to control the amount of body pitch and bounce to improve ride comfort and handling stability. - Hybrid vehicle control ECU assembly.

Would be interesting to know all of the systems involved to manage the body pitch and bounce.

·
Premium Member
'18 Toyota Camry XSE
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome info, much thanks!

I find this one interesting:

Body Control with Torque Demand - Function to control the amount of body pitch and bounce to improve ride comfort and handling stability. - Hybrid vehicle control ECU assembly.

Would be interesting to know all of the systems involved to manage the body pitch and bounce.
It's listed as Hybrid, but that's also available on the I4 and V6.
I've disabled it on mine... Maybe it's the Placebo Effect, but shifts feel more distinct and acceleration feels more aggressive. Also, when disabling Traction Control, the car feels like it want to kill me. I have a G-Meter and some OBD equipment that I'm going to use for some more controlled tests to see if there is truly a physical difference or if it's just psychological.

·
Toyota Ninja
169 Posts
It's listed as Hybrid, but that's also available on the I4 and V6.
I've disabled it on mine... Maybe it's the Placebo Effect, but shifts feel more distinct and acceleration feels more aggressive. Also, when disabling Traction Control, the car feels like it want to kill me. I have a G-Meter and some OBD equipment that I'm going to use for some more controlled tests to see if there is truly a physical difference or if it's just psychological.
please do.

according to the list, I will request my dealer to:

roll down window with remote
lower turn signal volume
body roll/torque depending on your findings.

·
Registered
2018 Camry XSE V6
182 Posts
Hey everyone. I've put together as complete as possible list of Customization options available in the 18 Camry.
This does NOT include any engine/transmission calibrations.

I have TechStream and the interface to make the changes, and I'm offering to make changes that others in the local area.
So, if you are near Rancho Cucamonga, you can hit me up to setup a time to drop by and I can make the changes for you.
(Your local dealer can do it too, but some charge)

I'm hoping that others will offer up the same service in other areas too.

Anyway, I'm attaching a PDF of the options.
How long does the process take?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wow, that's a very comprehensive list, thanks..

I looked over it and didn't find any way to "lock and close all" (i.e. lock doors and close all windows and the moonroof). Am I out of luck? I was spoiled by that on a BMW convertible I rented a couple of months ago.

Mike

Edit: P.S. having it auto-lock when I walk away (with the key) would be useful too.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Using the list provided, would the dealer be able to make changes/adjustments upon request? I'm coming up on my 5000 mile service and I know I want to get the windows/moonroof adjusted and maybe a few other items changed....

·
Registered
215 Posts
It's hard to say. I've had mixed responses from the 2 local dealers here. One denied that any items could be changed, the other wanted $50 per item. When I had my VW, the dealer would make any changes requested if the car was being serviced.
Thank you and duly noted. I will keep everyone posted when I take my XSE in for service.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Three gripes I have that could be changed if you had means to do it as far as programming (of whatever module associated with these) but maybe embedded farther in software :
1- The RCTA indicator lamp. Make this lamp only come on when in reverse (and function turned on). I don't like looking at indicator all the time but I do want the feature active. They could have made it dimmer and put it next to the "BSM" indicator
2- DRL lights off when "Park lights" selected. I like DRL and want it on during the day, however, when I pull into a parking lot at night and want only my park lights on I do not want the DRL on. Nobody on this earth does when they ask for park lights! I don't want to shut DRL off in settings and I don't want to dance around something to get just park lights only. Looking at manual it appears that maybe if I push park brake on the DRL should shut off but it didn't for me.
3- When opening the driver door at night I can't see the trunk / gas door switches to push them. Make those two come on with door open or dome light.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Bummer about not being able to lock when I walk away, but I'll get over it :)

Speaking of needing the buttons to be illuminated - I have opened the trunk a few times fumbling for the "View" button (I'm surprised it isn't locked out when in Drive and/or moving).

I find birds-eye pretty helpful for making sure I am parallel to the lines even before I am "at risk" of hitting something (hence the fumbling for the button).

Mike

·
Registered
38 Posts
So I ran techstream and turn on the windows to roll down option on unlock key fob button.

I am confirming on the 2018 Camry SE all window will roll down. I also turn on the mechanical key to the lock position will roll up all window and unlock position will roll down all windows.

if anyone need to program some stuff let me know, fountain valley,ca

Attachments

1 - 20 of 131 Posts