Toyota Nation Forum banner

101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I was just wondering if one of you could assist me with something? I looked through the techstream customization features and cant find out if I am able to decrease the volume of the LDA warning as on my Carmy it is very very loud.
Do you know if there is any option for me to decrease it by a bit?

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,832 Posts
Hi,

I was just wondering if one of you could assist me with something? I looked through the techstream customization features and cant find out if I am able to decrease the volume of the LDA warning as on my Carmy it is very very loud.
Do you know if there is any option for me to decrease it by a bit?
I doubt it. That alert is meant to wake someone up if they become drowsy or becomes distracted and not paying attention to the road. Turning it down will defeat the purpose of the system. It's loud enough to wake anyone up and hopefully prevent a car crash.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I doubt it. That alert is meant to wake someone up if they become drowsy or becomes distracted and not paying attention to the road. Turning it down will defeat the purpose of the system. It's loud enough to wake anyone up and hopefully prevent a car crash.
I wish it would just vibrate the seat like it did in my GMC Yukon. The beeping is so annoying that I don't even bother keeping LDA on.

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,832 Posts
I wish it would just vibrate the seat like it did in my GMC Yukon. The beeping is so annoying that I don't even bother keeping LDA on.
You could turn it off and on easily via the steering wheel. Anytime i have it on it makes me not want to cross over the other lane. It's like playing the floor is lava game. It also encourages people to use their signals which is a plus for me since it deactivates the left or right lane, whichever the direction of the signal is going.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Is there anyone here in or around MA that offers this service?
Did you ever find someone? I'm in NH but travel to MA frequently. I'm thinking of buying the cable and software but I haven't found any that specifically list supporting the 2019 Camry.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Did you ever find someone? I'm in NH but travel to MA frequently. I'm thinking of buying the cable and software but I haven't found any that specifically list supporting the 2019 Camry.
I can't help you as I'm in MN, but I can offer advise on cable/software, as I just did it a week ago on my 2019.

I used [Mod removed] from Amazon. Throw the disc away. I spent so much time dicking around with the computer trying to get drivers to recognize on my windows 7 computer with this disc. Don't bother.

Follow these instructions. Everything is preconfigured - you don't have to mess with drivers on your PC. It just works.

In techstream, I selected 2018 Camry (even though I have a 2019); engine code - there's two choices, I chose the one that's 4 letters with the A something, and you're good to go.

I ended up turning off all 5 seat belt chimes, setting lane change to blink 5 times instead of 3, and enabling the window rolldown/moonroof slide open with remote. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that you can also CLOSE with remote, which is way more valuable to me (ie: left windows cracked open and it starts raining). I'd also rather it tilt instead of slide - I thought I saw someone do that, but I didn't see the option.

If you find other customizations I should be interested in, let me know!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can't help you as I'm in MN, but I can offer advise on cable/software, as I just did it a week ago on my 2019.

I used [Mod removed] from Amazon. Throw the disc away. I spent so much time dicking around with the computer trying to get drivers to recognize on my windows 7 computer with this disc. Don't bother.

Follow these instructions. Everything is preconfigured - you don't have to mess with drivers on your PC. It just works.

In techstream, I selected 2018 Camry (even though I have a 2019); engine code - there's two choices, I chose the one that's 4 letters with the A something, and you're good to go.

I ended up turning off all 5 seat belt chimes, setting lane change to blink 5 times instead of 3, and enabling the window rolldown/moonroof slide open with remote. Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that you can also CLOSE with remote, which is way more valuable to me (ie: left windows cracked open and it starts raining). I'd also rather it tilt instead of slide - I thought I saw someone do that, but I didn't see the option.

If you find other customizations I should be interested in, let me know!
I really appreciate the response and the links. I just ordered the cable so it will be here Monday. The seat belt chime is the primary reason for wanting the cable. I wear my seat belt 99% of the time and it's still beyond obnoxious. I also wanted to see what other things I could tweak in there. If I find anything else that is interesting, I will let you know. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2020 Camry XSE; 2019 Corolla hatchback XSE
62 Posts
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that you can also CLOSE with remote, which is way more valuable to me (ie: left windows cracked open and it starts raining). I'd also rather it tilt instead of slide - I thought I saw someone do that, but I didn't see the option.
I just got my cable and TS working tonight and did the same thing. You can make the sunroof tilt, just stop holding the button down after it starts to open. It will stop on the first position, which is tilt.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just got my cable and TS working tonight and did the same thing. You can make the sunroof tilt, just stop holding the button down after it starts to open. It will stop on the first position, which is tilt.
I'm assuming you are talking about the panoramic roof? I have the regular moonroof.
I'd go try it, but the car has snow on it...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Is there any customization that allows the car to remain running when you unlock and open the door after a remote start?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2018 XSE V6
19 Posts
Hey everyone. I've put together as complete as possible list of Customization options available in the 18 Camry.
This does NOT include any engine/transmission calibrations.

I have TechStream and the interface to make the changes, and I'm offering to make changes that others in the local area.
So, if you are near Rancho Cucamonga, you can hit me up to setup a time to drop by and I can make the changes for you.
(Your local dealer can do it too, but some charge)

I'm hoping that others will offer up the same service in other areas too.

Anyway, I'm attaching a PDF of the options.
What is the reason not all of these customizations do not come up on my techsteam for custom, the seat belt buzzer for instance . I have 18 xse v6 with all options.

·
Registered
2018 XSE V6
19 Posts
First thing i did was change the Lane Change Flashing Times Adjust from 3 to 4. Changed the Flasher sound volume down because the lane changing volume is just too loud. Turned off the driver seat belt alert.
You can change some functions through the entune display unit on the vehicle customization menu.
The other options are mostly just preference.
under what section was the seat belt buzzer?

·
2018 Camry XSE V6
2,832 Posts
What is the reason not all of these customizations do not come up on my techsteam for custom, the seat belt buzzer for instance . I have 18 xse v6 with all options.
It's there for me. I forget which specific function or parameter it's under but have you checked all of the functions under customize? It's either under seat or warnings, i forget. It could also be the cable. The knockoff cables vary by firmware version and if it's not the right firmware, you won't be able to change some settings.

101 - 120 of 133 Posts