Toyota Nation Forum banner

Locked in park after washing

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  noladude 
#1 ·
Hello, I purchased my 05 Tacoma Double Cab 4x4 used with 11,000 miles on it. I've had it under a month and have had a very unusual problem both times I've washed the vehicle. After washing in the evening (with extra care to spray the under-carriage) I moved it less than 30 ft, parked it, set the e-brake and left it in park. In the morning, both times, I released the brake, put it in D and it was stuck. Like the gears were locked up or something. But the only thing that makes sense is that it is the ebrake being stuck on (pads stuck to the drums??). Has anyone ever heard of this or have any suggestions? Thanks.

#4 ·
Adventure North said:
Don't set the ebrake when the brakes are wet or they can rust a little and stick. Let the brakes dry first.
Better yet, go take it for a short drive. The heat will dry out the brakes before you park it for the night.

#8 ·
It has happened with my car & truck...I usually drive them around the block now to remove the excess water from the vehicles and it hasn't happened as often.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.