Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Totally locked my keys in my car. I have a 2011 Corolla. The door is ajar so I can stick something through the door but isnt there a door latch I could get too to unlock it? A tow truck is out of the question so I'm stuck on my own. Helppp!!!

·
Registered
2011 S, 1990 v8miata
286 Posts
dont be stupid
spend the 45.00 call a locksmith, you would have already been done

·
2011 and 2003 Corollas
25 Posts
Totally locked my keys in my car. I have a 2011 Corolla. The door is ajar so I can stick something through the door but isnt there a door latch I could get too to unlock it? A tow truck is out of the question so I'm stuck on my own. Helppp!!!
Won't help now but get a key cut without transponder and hide outside the car. Make sure not to use a valet key so it will open trunk also.
This will get you to a locked-in key but will not run the car.

·
I Think It's A Toyota
519 Posts
Won't help now but get a key cut without transponder and hide outside the car. Make sure not to use a valet key so it will open trunk also.
This will get you to a locked-in key but will not run the car.

If you have AAA, you can get one of those credit card looking key flip out thing. I keep that in my wallet in case I lock myself out lol

·
Registered
2010, 2020 Corolla
312 Posts
Sorry to hear..

Back then Keysusa a 800 number, 7 years, no older the car.

Dealer, will cut with Vin number in hand, the key.

Yes smart thing to do is carry a spare in your wallet. if need be a hidingspot the key, or extra fob waterproofed.

Heck I may just find a fob that I can hide under the car but the key is the manual way to go about it.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sorry to hear..

Back then Keysusa a 800 number, 7 years, no older the car.

Dealer, will cut with Vin number in hand, the key.

Yes smart thing to do is carry a spare in your wallet. if need be a hidingspot the key, or extra fob waterproofed.

Heck I may just find a fob that I can hide under the car but the key is the manual way to go about it.

i want to carry a spare key in my wallet as well but the factory key is massive. will not fit in my wallet comfortably

·
Registered
3 Posts
Easiest thing to do is bring your title or insurance card and driver's license to a dealer. Have them cut a blank TR47 key with your key code from your VIN#. It should cost no more $10.

·
6,475 Posts
You said the words "dealer" and "$10" in the same sentence, :rofl2:
Honestly I have no clue what they would charge, but they wanted $100 bucks for a tiny plastic part for my Highlander

·
Registered
3 Posts
MASTERLOCK makes a magnetic case that will work for the bulky Toyota keys.
ITEM CODE# 207D. I sell them at my retail store.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You said the words "dealer" and "$10" in the same sentence, :rofl2:
Honestly I have no clue what they would charge, but they wanted $100 bucks for a tiny plastic part for my Highlander

Dealer and $10, i agree is funny in the same sentence but I did mention a TR47 key. The TR47 key is the aftermarket equivalent to the Toyota key blank but without the immobilizer chip inside. u can use this key on your locks but not start the Toyota models with immobilizers. i should of mentioned it more into detail.

·
Registered
2015 Toyota Camry V6 XLE
1,246 Posts
Doesn't your come with a total of 2 - 3 set of keys when you bought your car?

Master key (1 - 2)
Valet key

When i bought my 2010 Corolla, I got 2 master and 1 valet.

1 Master I keep at home, valet I keep it on a separate ket hook to my belt with my house keys, office keys and other keys. I bunch all my car keys [2] together and keep it in my pocket.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts