Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my Tacoma new in 2009 I really wanted the off road package for the locking rear differential but I didnt want to sacrafice the foot of bed I would loose. Does anybody know why Toyota does not offer the locking rear differential in the long bed Sport package?
I was also wondering if anybody has had a locker installed in the sport package Tocoma or if its even possible?

·
Registered
3,188 Posts
You should be able to get an ARB air locker. Since you don't have a mechanical LSD it should be a simple swap.

·
lover of teh boobies
'05 Tacoma AccessCab
2,547 Posts
When I bought my Tacoma new in 2009 I really wanted the off road package for the locking rear differential but I didnt want to sacrafice the foot of bed I would loose. Does anybody know why Toyota does not offer the locking rear differential in the long bed Sport package?
I was also wondering if anybody has had a locker installed in the sport package Tocoma or if its even possible?
Because the gigantic wheel base of the double cab long bed make it almost impossible to wheel anything.

Why offer a truck of that size with a locker, when only 1% of the users would use it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts