Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

You are bidding on a pair of used 2007 Toyota Tacoma headlights that were part of a failed black headlight modification. These lights are in poor condition as described below.
  • Both headlights have a poor black coat of paint in the inside previously chrome surfaces, the paint has runs, pooling, sanding marks, and is chipped in a few places.
  • Both headlights have several marks around the back plastic where a screwdriver was used to pry them apart after coming out of the oven. Yes they both spent 10 minutes in an oven at 295F.
  • Both headlights have a bead of aftermarket silicon around the edge in attempt to seal against moisture.
  • The drivers side light did not seal and as such has considerable moisture in it as seen in the picture.
  • Both lights have normal wear associated with 18k miles.
Other than this the headlights are in great shape. All the bulbs are included and are functional. No mounting screws included. Shipping is $41, same as my aftermarket lights. If you wish to pick them up in the Sacramento, CA area that can be arranged. Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Damn dude your fast, you posted this as I was posting my for sale post. The listing is worth a good laugh though. I tried to tell everyone I was mechanically incompetent but they pressured me to do it and now I'm selling 2 nice paperweights.

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry dude, I had to post. I was almost on the floor laughing. Good luck selling. You might be better off just trashing them or starting the BHLM over again. Cause' I'm sure you can get that condensation out and start over and have them look better.

·
clean water
07 silver dc lb 4wd
402 Posts
good on ya for the attempt. like big blue says, take another whack at it.

"an error is not a mistake until you refuse to fix it".

some smart guy said that.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
just take your time at sanding the paint away. You got any more bigger pictures, maybe i'll do the work and give them to my buddy as a present.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
Damn dude your fast, you posted this as I was posting my for sale post. The listing is worth a good laugh though. I tried to tell everyone I was mechanically incompetent but they pressured me to do it and now I'm selling 2 nice paperweights.
LOL. :eek:wned:

At least you're honest about it. :thumbup:

I'd sand all the paint smooth and give it another try, but use something like bedliner coating, or undercarriage spray. I've done this a several times with 3M UnderSeal. It's very forgiving if you make mistakes, and the texture gives a rugged look. My current set of headlights is coated with UnderSeal. I've had them on my truck for over 18 months and they still look great.

·
Red Headed Slut
1,843 Posts
LOL. :eek:wned:

At least you're honest about it. :thumbup:

I'd sand all the paint smooth and give it another try, but use something like bedliner coating, or undercarriage spray. I've done this a several times with 3M UnderSeal. It's very forgiving if you make mistakes, and the texture gives a rugged look. My current set of headlights is coated with UnderSeal. I've had them on my truck for over 18 months and they still look great.
Or use Plasti-Dip rattle can. I got that one from NovaTaco. Has a nice rubbery finish to it. I can't spraypaint worth a damn, and mine turned out very nice. I have a couple of chips on the edges from trying to get them back in the head light housing, but other than that, they look great.

·
MODIFICATIONS MUST B MADE
05 TACOMA
839 Posts
If at first you don`t succeed......
Don`t give up on DIY, not all mods go as planned.
Sometimes it takes several tries to get it perfect.

Don`t feel bad
I could show you my awsome paint job on my stereo mount kit

Sorry it didn`t work out for you but thanks for the laugh (not at you, just the whole mod-gone-wrong thing, been there)

"Dude.......don`t worry......my friends dad is a tv repair man...he`s got like this knarly set of tools....we can fix this"
Spicolli

·
Registered
38 Posts
I tried to tell everyone I was mechanically incompetent but they pressured me to do it and now I'm selling 2 nice paperweights.
At least you learned with a cheap pair of headlights. My first attemp at baking was on my X5 with Xenon's. They get moisture in them from time to time. Lesson learned, I pay for everything. I spend the time I would have used ruining (modding) my car, to work and pay for someone else to do it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
At least you learned with a cheap pair of headlights. My first attemp at baking was on my X5 with Xenon's. They get moisture in them from time to time. Lesson learned, I pay for everything. I spend the time I would have used ruining (modding) my car, to work and pay for someone else to do it.
That's the way I've normally been but the BHLM is $10 for DIY and $200 for aftermarket so I tried to save the money but didn't happen

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
What exactly would you want to see in a bigger picture? I'll snap a few off and post them.

Just the bead sealant, where the moisture is coming in, and the pools, and runs from the paint. I have a 32inch comp screen, lol so i can see a lot. :lol: just trying to judge how bad you say it is.

·
Taco Salad!!
2007 Tacoma DC LB
552 Posts
What condition are the lenses in? I had a problem with mine when I shipped them UPS, the reflectors came out and scratched the hell outta the inside of the lens (goddam UPS!). Anyway, I have them back now, and need a driver side lens...I will be keeping an eye on them on ebay, but is there a set price you are looking to get for the lights? PM me if you want, I would like to get ahold of another set or at least a drivers light. Thanks!

·
Registered
18 Posts
The interior lense is pristine, I will be shipping them in the same super padded box that my aftermarket lights came in so they should get to you in good shape. The outer most plastic does show the road wear of 18k when you look close but its hard to see once your 2-3 feet away. Basically I'm not looking to make any profit on these, I just don't want to throw them away when i know someone can recondition them.

·
Registered
'12 Ram 1500 HEMI
1,138 Posts
would you give a shipping discount for tn people...$41 for shipping, c'mon...

·
Official Baller
'07 Tacoma PreRunner
2,960 Posts
According to USPS.com they will ship it for $30 so that is the lowest I can go.
:lol::lol::lol: I just had a sub box delivered to me for $40 in 4 days.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts