Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Corolla Enthusiast
87 and 06 Corolla
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats going on TN. I was posting this in hope that all that can would attend. Every Wensday @ 9:00pm theres a meet at the Best Buy in garden city on Old Country Rd. Come chill, BS for a few, eat.. what ever ur hearts desire...LOL im kiinda tired of being the only one out there with an 86 so all you twin cams and sr5s come out of hiding..I wanna plan a trip out to englishtown for toyota day, so if theres enough people, its a party..

take care guys..

·
It's Soo Hoo like Yoo Hoo
3,220 Posts
i went out to those a few times.. a lot of euro cars go, especially the stuck up long island boys with their parent-bought bmw's and audi's... kinda pisses me off going to these meets but they are nice cars regardless.

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,234 Posts
I went to it once...thats when I met So0h0o for the first time. I agree, very very nice cars but a bunch of spoiled long island rich boys whos parents bought and paid for their cars. Not to mention, the parking lot is not even big at all and you have jackasses who show off by speeding down the aisle. Also, you see a car coming or getting out of a spot, and people walking in the middle. Seriously...move the fuck out the way.

·
Registered
15 Posts
whats this talk about a Toyota Day at Englishtown???

that would be sick...oh and sorry...Long Island is 2 far of a drive for me to come up and chill for a few hours...i think im like 1.5hrs away

·
Corolla Enthusiast
87 and 06 Corolla
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah thats the thing my boys go over there to chill, im not gonna lie there are assholes that come out to the meet to act a fool. but we pay them no mind and on top of the the cop on duty in the area is a friend of the fam, but thats eith er here not there. im just putting it out there if you guys are down i really wanna get some toyos out there. also yeah if youre intrested in going as a group to engishtown lemme know i wanna put something together, lets plan a flock of yotas out there, anything camrys, starlets, tercels, paseo, i dont care. and theres a toyota BBQ in a couple of months at westbury toyota if you guys are intrested.
BTW
no L I rich kid here, im from bayamon PR....and moved to LI from richmond hill Queens.....

One LOve TN
jr

·
Corolla Enthusiast
87 and 06 Corolla
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Corolla Enthusiast
87 and 06 Corolla
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey TN, my bad.... the meets were moved to thursdays cuz the manager of best buy got pissed. Chances are there gonna be moved to the back of source mall by the movie theater. Btw i went tonight and a crew of sc 400's. couple of corolla s's and one camry, evos sti's and skylines were all the norm. and one DMC Delorean pretty sick.. hope to see you guys next thursday....

·
LEVY
(2) 1989 Supra Turbo
30 Posts
They moved the meet over to the Ruby Tuesday parking lot. It's not held at the Best Buy anymore. The lot is bigger and a lot more cars be there.

·
Registered
84 Supra
1 Posts
anyone on here planning on going tomorrow? i think ill be going. would be nice to see some more old school toyotas there.

·
08 SE V6
16 Posts
whatever happened to the bestbuy meets? i dont see it any more whenever i pass by

·
Corolla Enthusiast
87 and 06 Corolla
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Due to it getting really out of hand at best buy, the thursday bes buy meets have been moved to Tri-County Parkng lot on hempstead turnpike.. if anyone wanted to know

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,234 Posts
Out of hand in what way? Too crowded or rich spoil kids acting stupid and showing off what mommy and daddy bought them? Not saying all are but you can tell just by looking.

The rides are nice though.

·
Corolla Enthusiast
87 and 06 Corolla
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i agree......

·
must.resist.modding
'09 Camry SE V6
5,234 Posts
Supposedly, it moved over the Walmart. Than again, it could have been moved in general. I went to a meet once and that was the end of it. Majority there are spoiled rich kids who's parents bought them the car. Granted, there are some that work hard for it. I feel its more of showing off in a cocky way rather than for show and just to look cool. You have idiots doing burnouts or speeding down an aisle when people are walking or when a car is in front of them.

·
Registered
toyota camry
184 Posts
Supposedly, it moved over the Walmart. Than again, it could have been moved in general. I went to a meet once and that was the end of it. Majority there are spoiled rich kids who's parents bought them the car. Granted, there are some that work hard for it. I feel its more of showing off in a cocky way rather than for show and just to look cool. You have idiots doing burnouts or speeding down an aisle when people are walking or when a car is in front of them.
think we could get a normal type car meeting together? think there are enough ppl here? no ppl showing off in a cocky way, just meet up and chill for a lil while. maybe once a month or every few months? i think it would be great to meet some other toyota owners here! im in manhattan, so anywhere outside the city is great for me!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts