Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently in my Freshman year at Fairfield University and I can't have my car here, so right now its in my grandparents garage. i was wondering since I unregistered the car, so I don't have to pay high insurance, (only fire/theft). i was wondering if I should do anything else to the car to prepare it for the storage. So far I put dry gas in the tank, put a car cover over the coupe, and had an oil change right before I left. Also, last weekend I went home and I started my car, it really wanted to stall out and idled at 400-500 rpms (really rough) for about 5 mins and then it idled ant the normal 800. Do you think anything could be wrong with my car since it had a hard time starting up. I will be going home for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and spring Break, what do you think I should be doing to the car when I go home for a visit. (remeber i can't drive it on the street since i don't have plates right now. Thanks in advance for all of your help.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
your tires are going to develop flat sports and hence you'll have bad ride feel when you do get it out of storage. When i stored my celica, i just removed the negative battery cable and connected that everytime i wanted to warm up the engine and let the fluids flow. Also since i had a m/t, i left it in neutral, and parking break DOWN (ie. not activated)..and left bricks behind and front of all my tires. (thats the advise i got from celica.net)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts