Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me Ive driven 525 miles in 7.5hrs in my corolla only stopping once for a gas fillup and something to eat. Ive made the trip several different times. I start getting uncomfortable anytime I drive over 30 minutes in it so those long trips were never fun for me. Whats the longest youve driven?

·
NoLa Rolla
'05 Corolla S 240K+ miles ('98 Corolla VE deceased in 2008)
710 Posts
For me in a Corolla it'd probably be about 500 or so miles. New Orleans to Dallas

In any car it'd be about 800 in one day. That was in my '87 Blazer from Cincinnati to New Orleans. My girlfriend and I went to Cedar Point for a few days then Kings Island (both roller coaster parks) for a day. She was soooo worn out she slept the whole way back.

I usually try to keep trip lengths to about 7 hours of actual driving. Cruise control and rest breaks help.

Gil

·
Toyota Tech in training!
1999 toyota corolla
350 Posts
500+ in over 8 hours total drive time. from cincinnati to Indianapolis from Indianapolis to Avon, IN (a suburb 30 miles or so out of indy), from Avon to Bowling Green, KY
i was in cinci for a dentist appt then had a cardio appt the next day, drove to avon to visit a friend, then drove to BG cuz thats where i went to college

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dragon you must have really been hurting after 15hrs sitting in a corolla. I was hurting good during my 7hr trips and that was even with using pillows for extra comfort.

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
too long to remember, but there was a stretch where my friend and I drove over 24 hours consecutively stopping only for gas and washroom breaks. not something I would want to do again.
I wouldnt even want to do that in a RV with a comfortable sofa and a bed, let alone in a corolla. You guys must have been sore the day after. Thank God Ive never had to do that.

·
Guitars and Cars
2001 Corolla S
3,350 Posts
Ive done many 800+ mile days on my 5 cross-country trips,

but the most was about 1000 miles in 12 hours.

I drove 100mph through the utah salt flats and into nevada. Did like a tank and a half of gas at 95+mph and the rest at about 80 or so.

·
Registered
204 Posts
525 miles... NY - Toronto... 90 mph 5th gear at 3400 rpm or someshit...... i know you VE owners are jealous... hahaha

yahh stopped once i covered it in around 7 hours and a few minutes

·
Premium Member
1,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
From halifax Nova scotia to melbourne florida, 3600km in 33 hours
If I drove a trip like that in a corolla with stops included, I'd still probably have to be pulled out of the car regardless. lol

Omair that sounds about right. My auto LE runs 3200rpms at 90mph.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.