Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
New 2006 Corolla LE owner
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looked at a few corollas today. Now I dont know what to get. Here are a few pics of them. One is the sport other is LE. WHat are the major differences between them? and Oh I am going to test drive them both soon.

Link to the pics:

http://www.cardomain.com/id/neonse2001

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
Corolla S has better suspension which is why it has the "sport". It also comes with the kit which i bet you could tell.

I would get the S and then lower it if it was me, but its your money, your choice. Also, I suggest you e-mail/fax the dealers around you with the options that you want. Then compare quotes and find the best price.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
...no, it doesn't. suspension - as well as EVERYTHING else mechanical - is the same between the CE, LE, and S. the only one with anything different is the XRS.

how do i know? because i own an S, and it's the same damned thing as all the others. the changes between the S and the other two is completely cosmetic. the interior's black(ooh, ahh) and for the newer Corollas the lip kit(and foglights) come preinstalled.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
CamNub said:
Corolla S has better suspension which is why it has the "sport". It also comes with the kit which i bet you could tell.

^^ man all that and the your sig don't mate well at all :disappoin

The rolla S is the same plain jane vanilla rolla CE, LE with the previous gen S having fog's and skirts, and the new one having the lip kits.

edit: ToyotaMan1281 what are you wanting from your rolla? Basically, will it be used/new...do you want a/t or m/t, any specific gen's. I think the first gen Rolla S's are super sweet in pricing recently, and i'd consider those...

·
New 2006 Corolla LE owner
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
edit: ToyotaMan1281 what are you wanting from your rolla? Basically, will it be used/new...do you want a/t or m/t, any specific gen's. I think the first gen Rolla S's are super sweet in pricing recently, and i'd consider those...

well ill be buying it in georgia next yr after I get a job down there, etc. Ill be living in the atlanta area (near gainesville). Id like to go used (20-40K miles) cause cheaper then new. Right now I want manual (5 or 6 speed) but maybe auto if i find it hard toi drive manual in all that traffic down there. I have my 5 speed neon to drive down there for a while see if I like driving stick in allk that traffic... Want fog lights, cd changer, DRL's, keyless entery, power mirrors, locks, windows, a/c, back seats fold down for more room, tachometer, smooth ride, easy to work on, heated outside mirrors, and sporty! ALso more then 130 HP (if possible)

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
I used to have an 04 Corolla S. The Corolla S has the same suspension and engine as the LE and CE grades. It has some sporty features inside and outside. I have a Corolla XRS now and it has a sport tuned suspension, larger rims, 4 wheel disc brakes, Celica GT-S 2ZZ engine 6 speed manual and the interior has some lexus features such as sport seats, optitron guages, chrome work all over the place.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
falnfenix said:
...no, it doesn't. suspension - as well as EVERYTHING else mechanical - is the same between the CE, LE, and S. the only one with anything different is the XRS.

how do i know? because i own an S, and it's the same damned thing as all the others. the changes between the S and the other two is completely cosmetic. the interior's black(ooh, ahh) and for the newer Corollas the lip kit(and foglights) come preinstalled.
Hm.... I've always thought it did.

Fuck, It was too late and i was newbing out..... :hammer: :(

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
it's ok, you're forgiven.

just remember to doublecheck next time :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts