Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have more pix of this bodykit? Its called EVO FULL BODY KIT thanks guys! Also what do you think of this? Im thinkin of gettin it for my silver gen 4.5 (2000) XLE....thanks!

·
TRD Guy
588 Posts
hey my friend has that kit on his car, it looks really coo but wat i heard is that the front bumper hangs really low and also its not really strong so its easily cracked :confused:

·
Banned
352 Posts
ima tell u the full story with this kit, if u want a strickly show car that is not driven than this is the kit for u , i already had this kit it is full fiberglass and is way too low to be driven everyday ill admit that i did get a rediculous amount of compliments but it was too low i couldnt jack up the car if i got a flat it couldnt go on a regular lift say if the car needed to get serviced at toyota therfore i didnt get an oil change until it was too late resulting in a blown engine so yea m advice stay away from this kit as hot as it looks it aint worth all the trouble, sory about the length of this statement

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
epidemic- i know you said that kit is too low a couple times on the boards, but i have never seen a pic of your car with it

i am not saying you are lying or anything- i believe you, but how low is too low? I am super low right now and while a big pain in the ass around these shitty roads- i get by, you got some pics of clearance

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Never been a fan of the kit myself. Too complicated.

But I do know that We carry it. PM me if you are really interested in it. I'll get you a quote.

·
That Geeky Star Wars Girl
674 Posts
what's the point in having a kit like that if you are too scared & have to be too careful for fear of f----ing it up just going to get gas in the car :hammer:

i'm just not a fan of the huge body kits like that myself...seems most are more trouble than they are worth unless you are strictly a show car only.

i guess i enjoy using my car too much, driving spiritedly on an auto-x course to want to worry with some expensive body kit like that...but that's just me & my .02 opinions :)

Keri

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Is it low on stock rims/tires and stock ride height? or lowered? I was thinkin of gettin 18" rims with 40 profile....and also lowering AND gettin that kit, i guess thats too low......but i would be very very carefull

my stock tires are: 195/60/16
i am going to get 225/40/18

using a tire calculator (http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html) it says that the new tire+rim dimeter will only be 0.1 inches smaller, so the car will basically be about at the same height.....but I aslo was thinkin of lowering it 1.5 all around....plus the kit.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It does look pretty low, I know that witih my kit I have scraped most of the paint off the bottom of the front and i have the black widow front. I want the evo 4 kit also but I have experience of driving really slammed cars, If you do get it i say drive around with it primered for a little bit to get used to it so you dont spend your money getting it re painted like me. but the evo kit is one of the better looking kits to me:thumbup:

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts
The company that makes this kit is a shop out in SoCal called JT Autostyle. I've head that the kits aren't in the best of quality but then i've also seen them on my friends cars and they didn't seem too bad. Might need a body shop to touch them up a bit. They also hang very low in the front and back and if you allready have your car lowered this could create a problem. Anywho, here's the link to the website ( http://www.jtautostyle.com/splash.html )

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gettin the body kit painted and re-painted is no problem to me, my dad is a self-employed car touch up guy / car painter, so thats not problem at all, just afraid of it cracking.....if i ever hit anything, but im gonna be very careful, i drove a lowerd mustang with a front lip before, and that was only an inch off the ground

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmm its for $355 US on ebay, plus $180us shipping, is it worth it? I can get it painted for free.....but i do drive a LOT, also how fast can i take the front bumper off and put the stock one back on? thanks!

·
Go camry goooooo
5,108 Posts
aleks77 said:
hmm its for $355 US on ebay, plus $180us shipping, is it worth it? I can get it painted for free.....but i do drive a LOT, also how fast can i take the front bumper off and put the stock one back on? thanks!
how fast, um i switch mine in about 10 mins
or less

its much easier if ur turn the wheels to get at the screws by the wheel

·
WALKING AND TRAVELING SUX
290 Posts
i guess you saw the other guy's posting. he said the harness goes into the door panel. and i just looked at a mirror for sale on ebay, u dont have to cut the wires at all. just unplug it.
here are instructions on how to remove the door panel.
u have another mirror?

if u want you can come by my house and i'll help you. will take 5 minutes. i took my door panel off already, several times. let me know. [email protected]
i can also install stereo equipment for low prices.
i got a white camry. in case u see me around. i'm in richmond hill,queens.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.