Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
‘96 Previa/‘97 4Runner
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, dealer has a 2010 XLE Limited I’m interested in. Has everything on it, power everything, DVD, etc.. ad nauseum. 87,000 miles. I can get it for $8600 plus doc fee. Is this a good deal? Currently, I am carrying my family around in a 1996 Previa, which I love to death but the fact of the matter is, they are death traps. I refuse to buy brand new. Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I'd plug that model/specs into both KBB and NADA to gauge TMV (true market value). Sounds ok at first look, but also be sure to have your trusted mechanic check it out prior to purchase. I like the idea of buying used, I just don't trust used vehicles unless I know their actual service history.

Greg

·
Registered
‘96 Previa/‘97 4Runner
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I already bought the van. The service history was quite well laid out on Carfax report and it was about $2100 below market value for my zip. I am satisfied.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good looking van, nice color. In my opinion the running boards are designed for little kids but just get in the way of adults, plus road dirt tends to rub off on adults' pants so I pulled the boards off. They're surprisingly heavy and IMHO the van looks much better w/o them.

·
Registered
2005 Sienna XLE Ltd.
403 Posts
I actually find running boards like those really handy if you have a cargo box on top. Just a bit of a reach for me from the ground with my 05 XLE and I find myself having three options. Stretch really hard, open the side door and stand on the floor or stand on the rear tire.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had a 2010 Sienna Limited for 5 years and sadly it was totaled. It was a great van. A year ago I bought a 2007 Limited and it’s been great too! They were both front wheel drive which I did have a hard time finding, seems most are all wheel drive. I wanted to be able to carry a spare. Looks like a beautiful van, good luck!

·
Registered
‘96 Previa/‘97 4Runner
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a 2010 Sienna Limited for 5 years and sadly it was totaled. It was a great van. A year ago I bought a 2007 Limited and it’s been great too! They were both front wheel drive which I did have a hard time finding, seems most are all wheel drive. I wanted to be able to carry a spare. Looks like a beautiful van, good luck!
I wish I could have found an AWD around here. They just aren’t that common in Oklahoma. Some day, I will have an AWD Sienna.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m surprised, I thought AWD Siennas were all over! Front wheel drive gets better fuel mileage, and you have a spare. I read somewhere back when there were minivan wars that Toyota borrowed a Lexus engineer to design the 2nd generation Sienna with no price point. As a result they claim 2nd generation Siennas are the best! I’m not arguing, I think it’s a superb vehicle!

·
Registered
2005 Sienna XLE Ltd.
403 Posts
I wish I could have found an AWD around here. Some day, I will have an AWD Sienna.
Your car looks great and someday I'll have a 2007-2010 Sienna!

The debate goes on and on about FWD vs AWD, but while I seldom need the AWD, I'd rather have it there than not when those times come. I got my 2005 XLE Limited AWD in May and never needed the AWD until just before Thanksgiving. And again last week in the mountains. And then again today as I effortlessly towed a trailer for my friend up a slope that we were slipping around on just walking, so that he could store it for the winter.

The better mileage arguments don't do it for me either. I use zero gallons of gas when I walk or ride my bike, but when I drive, I want my car to do everything I want it to without having to check the weather.

I really like the one you got and look forward to getting one like it someday, with AWD.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts