Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres a local guy that is selling a MR2 he just aquired. It's a 1991 red auto, im not sure if it's turbo or na yet but im suposed to look at it tomarrow, it only has 64,000 miles on it and ALL dealer maintance was done, on top of that the owner went as far as to replace the windshield wipers with dealer parts.:rolleyes:

He had it outside with a forsale sighn on it for $5,900 but I know him and he said he would take 5k for it.

Is there anything I should check or look for tomarrow? Any spasific problems with this yr model etc.?

Any helpful info will be greatly apresheated as I know nothing about these cars.

(However im not new to cars so)

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
It IS NOT a turbo. Turbo's never came in an automatic. That is pretty low mileage... but the price seems was too steep for a '91 NA... especially an automatic unless you prefer that type of tranny on a sports car.

As for problems... some people prefer the 93+ do to some changes in the suspension. But I say it's a driver preference... I like my snap oversteer damnit!... :p:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn it! :( No i hate autos, I hate not haveing a turbo more though I drive a 91 AWD turbo 5 speed DSM as it is.

What yr is yours? and whats snap oversteer? im guessing it's if the car snaps back after a turn it try to oversteer the other direction?

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
If you hate autos... than screw the whole deal. You could pickup a decent 5spd turbo for that. Mine is a '91... snap oversteer is a mid-engine thing... you'll understand it when you start to drive the car with some passion. It's no AWD.... let me tell ya that right now. You will be introduced into a whole new world of handling.. haha. Stay away from telephone poles in corners... you WILL spin your car out at some point. I don't think any MR2 owner hasn't at some point.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would love to know where I could find a turbo 5 speed with under 100,000 miles for that, looking on autotrader they were all like 8k or so and over 100,000 miles so :(

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't view it... I supose I'll register...

Actualy I have to run to work, i'll look at it tomarrow when I get home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts