Toyota Nation Forum banner

Looking at this '87...

777 3
Ok so there is this '87 5 spd, 4cyl, 4x4 pickup for sale around my corner that would be a great truck for me. It has a rebuilt engine with 249,000 miles on it. My '81 has 222,000 and is still kicking (not sure if it was rebuilt). Is that too many miles and should i stay away or what? Oh and It has these 33" tires on it but, i don't know if it has a lift i dont think it does... Which is kinda scary. Anyway we testdrove it and the brakes are baaad. So my question was how much would better brakes be to slow down this truck? Thanks in advance.. I'll probably be having more questions on it later.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
taller tires are harder to stop, technically brake upgrade should be done with tire hieght increase, bt hardly anybody cares or does this, this explains bad brakes,

will be alot of wear in front suspension and steering and braking on that truck, check the boots for grease pressure, make sure they kept everything greased, jack up front and check for slop in wheels and hubs and rods and such

good luck

·
Registered
579 Posts
oh :/

naa wil be more youll come across, just watch :D

i only gave 300 for my 2wd 87, but the body is scrap rusted out, so thats all its worth hehe but it drives runs great cept bad idle quality., and no fuel guage

i think 300 might even be too much, but oh well, ilve alrady gotten 300 of use out of it in the wees that ive had it, so its ok

well plus 250 in registration and title transfer and insurance though,

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.