Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Get something else!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, for starters, the car is a 2004 (gen 2) solara V6 SE coupe in Lunar Mist. I was looking around tirerack and saw something that atleast looked good in the pictures and thought i'd share to see what people thought and if there might be any issues (offset and stuff).

Rims: 19" ASA JH9 (http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=ASA&wheelModel=JH9&wheelFinish=Machined+w%2FBlack+Accent)

Tires: the tire size they recomend is 225/40-19
so i was looking at the Kumho Ecsta SPT (http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+SPT&partnum=24YR9KU31XL)

It seems like a good buy for the money (I swear the price keeps chaning every time i look at them) and since i have a winter tire set allready, i'll only be running these 7 months outa the year.

So what do people think?

·
Procrastinating on TN
'93 Pickup
3,459 Posts
for my taste i'd say go a little smaller than 19's and I tend to like 5-spokers more on trucks than cars, but then again it's all a matter of taste. If the price is right, probably would look pretty good.

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, the price is excelent for 19s (1400 shipped for the combo) plus round here everyone is with the go big or go home, so i'm running pretty small with 19s. But i think it will look good with a drop. I'm more worried about rubbing and the offset and stuff.

·
I smell McNuggets
1,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, well it looks like 225/40/19 tires are extremely rare, and the ones i want are on nation wide backorder. So i was thinking of going with a 235/35/19. It's a 19x8 rim with a +45 offset, perhaps kyle (or anyone else) could chime in with some information as far as pottential rubbing spots ( i allready know that it's less than 1% off from the standard rotational) I'm more worried about it clearing the fender / struts (especialy if i decide to lower it an inch or so.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The 225 40 is somewhat aggressive towards the front fender but is the best 19" size to use. The lower 235 might clear because of the drop in overall diameter but would be close the the front fender again if lowered. Send me a message with contact info if you want to discuss.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts