Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can find a good deal on a ST185 or later 3sgte. A local shop said they can get me a clip for 1800 which is a great price but I am seeing if I can do even better. I don't actually need an entire clip. I only need the Engine, ECU, harness, and a few accesories. And ideally I am looking for an MR2 verison so I don't have to relocate the intercooler but I guess having a front mount wouldn't be the worse thing in the world. :D

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Um... I don't think you want a front mount IC on a 2. That would be some REALLLY long pipes.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ishcoleobo said:
Um... I don't think you want a front mount IC on a 2. That would be some REALLLY long pipes.
huh? Why would it be any longer than normal?

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was referring to having a front mount on my gen 2 Camry. That is where the engine would be going.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,128 Posts
uh, the intercooler in an MR2 is on the passenger's side, near the scoop...

i dont think you're going to cut out your driver's side fender to put the intercooler in...

besides, if you get an All trac 3s-gte, get a hood scoop, if it's an MR2 3s-gte, just get a front mount conversion, or an air-to water intercooler....

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No hood scoop. It would look stupid on my car. Plus I have to be able to sport my carbon fiber hood. I will just have to go front mount.

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
You said you were looking for an MR2 version (making people assume it is going in an MR2). If it is going an anything Front Engine... why not get the All-trac... then you get the AWD... and an intercooler that will actually work.

BTW... I don't think you have much of an option other than frontmount.

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ishcoleobo said:
You said you were looking for an MR2 version (making people assume it is going in an MR2). If it is going an anything Front Engine... why not get the All-trac... then you get the AWD... and an intercooler that will actually work.

BTW... I don't think you have much of an option other than frontmount.
no, apparently I don't since I am not willing to do the hood scoop. As for the awd? What does that have to do with anything? My car is not awd and the awd trans won't work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts