Toyota Nation Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a 2003-2004 Celica. I've talked to two different dealerships near me and they said I'd need a $2000 down payment and my payments we be roughly $400 a month. Does anyone know of a decent dealership in MN that won't make me go through all the crap these two want me to? I can make my payments just fine..one week's work would make the monthly payment, it's just the down payment I don't have right now and need to get a car ASAP.

·
Registered
443 Posts
its all a function of your credit. your not going to find a toyota dealership that will do 0 down, i dont care where are are. your best bet if u realy want the car "NOWNOW NOW" is to barow the $2000 from the credit union or some bank. if u have any credit, justput it on a credit card and pay it off as fast as you can.
the faster you pay off your car the better off you are.

if ur geting 400 a month it sounts like you ither are geting a large discounts off of a 04 on a 48month or your geting raped by intrest on a 60 month.

at any rate dude. buy an older car and save your money. new cars are the bigest waist of money EVER. they are "NOT" and investment. i dont care what any one tells you. when u pay $34000(after intrest, repairs, oil, tires, and tax's) for a car that you sell in 6 years for $8,000 you did not make a peny.

you save more money then you can imagine buying a car thats 2-4 years old. and the whole argument that a car is an investment in your work and your quality of life. well a 4 year old car dose the same dam thing a new one dose. so it make more sence to buy a less expensive car.

waranties are a load of BS!!!, they are an exscuse for the manufacture to work out all of the bugs in a car. and if its realy bad, theres a recall and you dont have to pay a dime then ither. so you can asume an older car has had most of its known manufacturing bugs worked out of it. (dont get me wrong wranties are realy nice! but dont let that sucker you into buying a new car)

if you where to keep a car 5+ years you would have saved the intire value of the car, buy not buying a new one in that time. and when you do get another car, you save even more if that one is also used and you save it for 5+ years. after 2-4 times you could buy a porsche or a lexus, and if u buy a used one, you save EVEN MORE.

new cars are cool, but they are still cool 2-4 years later.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
First off..I'm not a dude, I'm a chic. Second, we're looking at a 2002-2003 now, decided against the new one cuz 400 bucks a month for 60 months kinda sucked. We talked to a dealership in grand forks nd and they might finance me cuz I told them I could have it paid off in about a year...gotta wait for them to call me back though!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Where in Minnesota you at? What dealers have you gone to? Theres plenty of 2001-2003 celica's on the newspaper. I've seen them go down as low as $13,000. $400 a month does sound a little ridiculous. Whats your price range? GTS or GT?

·
Registered
446 Posts
tutebugs said:
A dealer in Grand Forks ND will finance me with no down payment..payments of $402/month for 4 years...APR of 2 %

Oh..and it's a brand new 2004 Celica that's loaded
Ahh, not bad for 4 years. GTS?

·
Registered
443 Posts
hope you got the extended warantie and are ready to sell that thing off the second it comes off warantie.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.