Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
V8'sRGone
95 Cam
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,
For those of you who have installed an alarm with these options which is MOST FAVORABLE for the Camry and why?

Ride is a 95 V6 LE Auto, Minimum Reqs:

Monitor Hood, trunk, all 4 doors; will disable engine start/run; have remote for pwr locks, glass breakage detection, won't inflict too much damage on factory wiring harnesses.

Please list your model and why you choose it, cost of unit and maybe cost of install or package.

Thanks in advance.....
/randy

·
Grenaded piston
6,602 Posts
Viper, Hornet, or Python.

The base model (Viper 350HV) does everything you want. Its about $200, thats including installation.

Theres other models that have 2 way (paging), remote start, etc.. but their more expensive.

Are you installing it yourself?

As for not inflicting too much damage on factory wiring harnesses. Thats up to the person installing it. Installation requires cutting/splicing into factory wiring.

·
V8'sRGone
95 Cam
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Python 460 installed for $200

I was thinking of DIY but sometimes they don't want to give out all the literature required when you buy these things. I got a quote for $200 installed for the Python 460HP.

CCity - has the deal and they do it with a garantee (hehehe).

I am curious what all they have to hack into: Minimum would be the door switch, starter (cut and relay) and ____? I don't know the camry so well.

If you have any thing specific to make sure these guys do a good job let me know. They SAID any splice jobs would be soldered. All cuts would be crimp joints.

This car is an auto - but if you know of a convenient place to actually disable the car from running I would like to do both. Old school stuff, just open the crank trigger (distributor for ignition) and all but the most advanced theives would be clueless.

Thanks for any input....

/Randy

·
Grenaded piston
6,602 Posts
73sport said:
I was thinking of DIY but sometimes they don't want to give out all the literature required when you buy these things.
The booklets that come with the alarm won't tell you how to find the correct wires. For that you need knowledge of car electrical systems.

If you buy the alarm from a authorized dealer, you can ask them for a printout of the wiring info. Or click on the link below.

http://www.toyotanation.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/3685/size/big/ppuser/54

^ Door lock or unlock is labeled wrong. I forget which, but its easy to find out with a DMM.

If you want to spend $200 and do the install yourself, you can get a Viper 791XV on ebay.

I am curious what all they have to hack into: Minimum would be the door switch, starter (cut and relay) and ____? I don't know the camry so well.
See the wiring diagram above.

But the minimum would be: +12V constant, ground, ignition (+12V switched), door trigger wire, parking lights, door lock/unlock, starter, trunk.

Hood would be extra. It just requires installing a pin switch.

This car is an auto - but if you know of a convenient place to actually disable the car from running I would like to do both. Old school stuff, just open the crank trigger (distributor for ignition) and all but the most advanced theives would be clueless.
The simpliest thing I can think of, is pull the EFI fuse.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts