Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had been a while since I last popped in TN.. anyways, buddy of mine is looking for a 5spd IS300, does anyone have one they wanted to sell or know of anyone (aside from trader.ca) that may have one?

Is there a forum specifc to the IS300 or Lexus?

Thanks

·
Registered
M-Theory
8 Posts
Autotrader had some for around 20-25k 5spd not too long back, check there first, im waiting to get mine as soon as I graduate from Michigan State in a couple of years.
I have a friend who does custom paints and we have worked out a cool blue ice theme for the exterior and clue parts for the interior, and he can do it cheap, only cost of paints and $100 for the labor:).
Anywho, check autotrader i got my camry from there and service is easy, also carmax had one used one last month, check that out.
GL

·
Princess Leadfoot
659 Posts
^^ Well I dunno if you can call the e-shift 5 speed since you can't shift down to 1st... 1st & 2nd are the same gear.

DryIce.... lucky you if you can afford that exterior colour... I want something like that... a light blue with pink & yellow underneath... but not gonna do it since it costs way too much... and is too permanent...

·
Official IS dude
46 Posts
That is true... you can't shift down into 1st via e-shift... but the computer will do it for you when you come to a complete stop

however.. 1st gear is not the same as 2nd... the computer just does the shift for you

essentially e-shift allows to to select the highest gear you want to computer to shift into.

ie. from a dead stop:
display showing 2 --> computer shifts from 1 into 2... no further unless you hit "up" then display shows 3 --> car will shift into 3... etc..

·
Princess Leadfoot
659 Posts
Yeah you're right.... I dunno... I hardly ever use it anymore... more of a nuisance to me since it's not truely manual... good for a little engine braking... but that's about it I find.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts