Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Hybrid - Classic Silver Metallic
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've been looking around my city and other cities near by. I am located in Canada, Ontario.

So far I have only had luck with one, they are offering me these rates for financing (with an applied 1.5% off loyalty program for a Toyota owners):

• 5 years $242.21 at 2.49%
  • 6 years $207.40 at 2.99%
  • 7 years $189.74 at 4.49%
A friend told me to ask for 0% or walk away, especially now due to covid-19. But I have heard the Hybrids are hard to get as is, should I be pushing for a further finance rate to drop?

I am supposed to be getting a better price as I have asked if they matched my work's discount we get from Dealerships in my city with certain percentage over dealer cost (i.e. %3.5 - %4.0).

·
Super Moderator
9,404 Posts
There is old Chinese wisdom.
If you sit on river bank long enough, you will see dead tiger floating down the river.
Point being - those who are patient....
Where do you think will car prices be, with, for example, 34 000 000 unemployed people in the US? Donno how many in Canada yet...
There is NO WAY people will keep buying cars at face value.

·
Registered
2020 Corolla Hybrid - Classic Silver Metallic
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I work in Security industry, wont be laid off any time soon, wish I had time off! Lol.

butnicdo agree with you with manufacturers not pushing more aggressive discounts. This dealership is not budging any further.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I doubt you’ll find better around Ontario/gta. They’re all on order and have no trouble selling as-is. If you can manage to find one in inventory you might have a slim chance? But dealers also list their test-driver as inventory... misleading.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.