Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my '10 xrs last year and have been thinking about getting some performance parts for it. I love this car so that's why i want to make it even better :D So i was wondering what parts i should put on my?

I have been talking to a shop my friend recommended and he said i should get a AEM V2, maybe a greddy muffler, and tein's springs. but obviously those cost a lot...

So i was wondering what you guys suggest would be better for my xrs..

Was also wondering if i should put a ECU chip on it and which one i should put?

Is there an aftermarket camry grille i could get for my car?

Thanks in advanced

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Got my '10 xrs last year and have been thinking about getting some performance parts for it. I love this car so that's why i want to make it even better :D So i was wondering what parts i should put on my?

I have been talking to a shop my friend recommended and he said i should get a AEM V2, maybe a greddy muffler, and tein's springs. but obviously those cost a lot...

So i was wondering what you guys suggest would be better for my xrs..

Was also wondering if i should put a ECU chip on it and which one i should put?

Is there an aftermarket camry grille i could get for my car?

Thanks in advanced
:welcome: to TN!

what are you really looking for ? you could make your xrs sound better by adding an intake and muffler (borla,magnaflow etc).

the only performance mod that anyone will suggest would be the throttle controller. its probably the best bang for your buck upgrade.

performance chips - the only one available is from unichip, which is for scions (tc/xB)

have a look around the site, look at some sticky's, i am sure you will find what you are looking for :)

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,777 Posts
:welcome: to TN.

Looks around the 10th Gen threads & you will find all kinds of fun to be had.

Most people have done the normal things like....

1. Wheels/tires
2. Springs...TRD, Eibach, Tein
3. Suspension parts from TRD & Ultra Racing.....FSB, RSB, etc.
4. Window Tint
5. Pivot 3-Drive Throttle Controller....highly recommended. :thumbsup:

These steps alone can personalize your XRS. Look around & ask questions. ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm doing for both intake and muffler for alittle performance boost. For me the quieter the better i dont care about how loud my car is. i also wanted springs for a bit better corner and smoother ride. a throttle control? Do tell :) hmm I thought I saw some chips for corolla but I guess it could have been a ffake?

Thanks for the reply btw :)

·
Custom User Title
1992 Corolla Dx 84k
104 Posts
where did you see the chips on ebay? if so there is a good chance they can be fake

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,777 Posts
Well I'm doing for both intake and muffler for alittle performance boost. For me the quieter the better i dont care about how loud my car is. i also wanted springs for a bit better corner and smoother ride. a throttle control? Do tell :) hmm I thought I saw some chips for corolla but I guess it could have been a ffake?

Thanks for the reply btw :)
Read through this thread about the throttle controller. And any time you want to say thanks to anyone just hit the "thanks" button at the bottom right of the response. :thumbsup:

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=358389

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I looked through the forum about the throttle control and seems like that's what I would definatly get:) but something I didn't find was if I'm able to install on automatic?

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,777 Posts
So I looked through the forum about the throttle control and seems like that's what I would definatly get:) but something I didn't find was if I'm able to install on automatic?
It works the same on an automatic or 5-speed. ;)It works on the throttle response & the gas pedal is the same for both. Pivot also makes an additional item for automatics that is a shift controller so you could look at that item too. I don't need it as I roll my own gears. :thumbsup: :D

·
Registered
Toyota Corolla XRS
111 Posts

·
Lowdown Lowlife
09 Corolla LE MGM
8,948 Posts
even better than that Delta.... LMFAO!!!!

Check this out:
http://www.performancechiptuning.com/Turbo+Sound+Muffler+Tip/5/

it's a "Turbo Sound Muffler Tip"

"Turbo Sound Muffler Tip Like the sound of a turbo car? Why not add our turbo sound tip to your vehicle today!
The tip installs in your exhaust opening and creates a fake turbo sound under acceleration. On certain cars the turbo sound tip can even create a blow off valve sound under heavy acceleration."

OMFG! That is AWESOME!!! Anyone want to buy my MangaFlow brand tip so I can get this thing?! :facepalm:

[Insert Fail Horn sound here]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts