Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well friend's friend is selling his 89 white non-turbo supra for 600. He says the only thing wrong is a piston ring needs to be replaced and that once i replace it, everything should be fine. He has adjustable coilovers, intake, exhaust and new brake kit and also stock clutch with 120kl miles on it. Do you think this is a good offer or will that missing piston ring be a massive problem in the future? What do you think?

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Here's what you do. Buy the car. Remove the Naturally aspirated motor, drop in a Turbo one.

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
Jeeves said:
Here's what you do. Buy the car. Remove the Naturally aspirated motor, drop in a Turbo one.
I fully agree with what jeeves said. If the body is in good shape, get it. Then, buy the turbo version of the same motor, less miles, and have a shop put it in, or do it yourself. There's shops around here that do supra turbo conversions for relatively cheap.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thats exactly what i was going to do..why rebuild an engine when i can drop in a faster and better one right? Anyways how much do shops normally price to put in an engine?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Or...

Or you could put that $900 towards a stock turbo. With the turbo you also get the rear spoiler... looks cooler, although it wouldn't be as deceiving as yours with a turbo dropped in.
I have been on the fence about selling my '87 turbo. ~93k miles... only seen 2 winters... no rust, excellent shape. If the right offer came along I would probably let it go. Interested? I'm in Chicago.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
yes i am kinda interested. you have pics of this car? is it the same body as 89? but how much for shipping to 10312? shipping costs going to kill.

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Wingless cars look much better IMHO, sleeper look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts