Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. I looked a toytec's website and didn't know what lift I should go with. They seem to have 3 or 4 3" and 2.5" lifts not sure what the differences are. Which one's are the most poplular?

2. Will those lifts level my truck more?

3. I am looking at 265/70-17 all-terrian tires for that tuck. Will that be a good look or do I need bigger tires?

4. Assuming I get a 3" lift with 265/70-17 all-terrian's will that effect my gas mileage much? Didn't know if a lift would effect it any, I know tires do but that isn't much of a difference from stock so I wouldn't think it would.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did use the search tool and it didn't answer any of my specific questions.

It told and showed me what a 3" lift will look like but didn't tell me the specific one that was bought only toytec brand. It told me that some people have 285/70-16's that rub with the lift and some don't. It never told my anything about gas mileage after installing a lift. It also didn't tell me about leveling with the lift. They had a thread on it but it didn't say anything. So if you don't want to answer my questions then don't but I did research with the search tool and came away with these specific questions so I don't need to be chastised like a baby.

·
And My Dog Remington
725 Posts

·
HANG UP AND DRIVE!!!
948 Posts
KLSU said:
1. I looked a toytec's website...
Go back to their web site and contact them. They know their product probably better than most anybody. Tell them exactly what you want to do with the lift and see what they recommend.

But, make sure you know exactly what you're getting with spacers and AAL's. I've read where some say the ride will beat you to death, while others say they can't tell a difference. Whatever you do, you can expect SOME difference in ride quality (firmer) after it's all said and done. Good luck with your choice and post some pics when your done. :thumbup:

·
And My Dog Remington
725 Posts
mmessier2 said:
Use the Search tool. All of those questions have been answered at least 5 times.
Hey great looking truck. I looked at you pics and noticed you stayed with the 17" toyo rims and went to the BF Mud tires. How do you like them? And any issues with your lift now that you have had it for a few months now?

·
Registered
409 Posts
I talked to toytec last week.. they told me that the 2.5 lift would still leave the truck slanting downward in the front because both the spacers and the AAL were 2.5". the 3" lift would leave the truck sitting level because its 3" spacers in the front and a 2.5" AAL in the back. hope that helps.

·
Registered
984 Posts
why would you do an add a leaf. If you want to make it level aren't you chasing yourself lifted both the front and the rear. 285's fit fine with no lift in the rear and only 2" in the front. And that ladies and gentlemen would be a level nice look.​

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.