Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into buying a MKIV, and I want to make sure that I do my homework first. I am only looking at the twin turbo ones, that are obd 1, so years 93-95.

Is there any common problems with any of these years. Should I choose one year over another? If so please list your reasons.

Thanks guys/gals

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Turbo #2 Death Whine. It just spins itself to death around ~55-65,000Mi, IIRC.

Let's see... Other major problems, oh, Their ridiculous price tag.
That's about it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jeeves said:
Turbo #2 Death Whine. It just spins itself to death around ~55-65,000Mi, IIRC.

Let's see... Other major problems, oh, Their ridiculous price tag.
That's about it.
IIRC? Sorry I'm such a n00b.

The turbo shouldn't be a problem, as I will so single anyways :)

Thanks for the reply!

Is the only difference between the 93-94 and 95 is that the 95 came with 17" wheels and bigger brakes standard, and the 93-94 only had those as options?

Was there any bugs that toyota had to work out with the 93 as it was the first year they used the 2JZ?

:thumbup:

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Sheer curiousity, you don't know these things and you plan on jumping into a $30,000 sports car and going single?

Yes, the TT, 6spd could be gotten in targa top.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Jeeves said:
Sheer curiousity, you don't know these things and you plan on jumping into a $30,000 sports car and going single?

Yes, the TT, 6spd could be gotten in targa top.
Nope, I'm far away from getting an MKIV, probably a year or so from now. I'm not totally obvious to FI motors, but I just don't have very much info on the supra. Thus why I joined this forum to learn about it.

I'm only 19, and honestly, right now, there is no way I would be able to afford one, or deserve it, but as I said before, when I do have the opportunity to purchase one, I want to be well prepared.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts