Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2016 Corolla S Prem
3,616 Posts
They are likely on a network so withdrawals and debit purchases aren't an issue. Not sure how deposits would work, I transfer from my regular bank checking into the CU savings.

I don't have a separate ATM card for my CU account... just an MC, that I pay off every month (and they don't have a higher interest rate for cash-out if I do carry the balance for an emergency purchase), but the MC does have a PIN for cash withdrawals at an ATM.

I just rely primarily on the checking/debit/ATM for day to day things and use the CU for savings and auto loans.

·
Registered
Tundra/Ram/Buick PA
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Checked the website for the local CU and there's a branch near by and an ATM that's pretty close... not as close as the bank but if I'm as happy with this CU as my last one, it'll be a small price pay for happiness. As I said, the title for the Tundra is already in hand so it's all downhill from here... I think. The only way this doesn't have a happy ending is if I find something just as costly as the timing belt or worse.

Saw a guy on the FB cut a crystal clear ice cube into a gem the was as pretty as a diamond... until it melted.

Just saying.... :drama:

·
Registered
Tundra/Ram/Buick PA
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
New and big damn wrinkle... the envelope with the paperwork that had everything in it. Well... it didn't have the title. Yesterday, I started going though all the file cabinets and believe it's in the fire safe. The wrinkle... my Stepfather trash the the paper with the combination and because of his Alzheimer's, he has a clue what we're even talking about. I have one more place to look for the backup paper with the numbers but if it's not there, I'll have get a Locksmith.

Fun way to end and start the New Year.

·
Premium Member
2016 Corolla S Prem
3,616 Posts
Locksmith can pop that safe easily depending on the brand.
Look up the Youtube channels for Lockpickinglawyer and Bosnianbill
Big box store safes like Sentry are easy to open.

·
Registered
Tundra/Ram/Buick PA
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Locksmith can pop that safe easily depending on the brand.
Look up the Youtube channels for Lockpickinglawyer and Bosnianbill
Big box store safes like Sentry are easy to open.
Yes, it's an old Sentry Fire Safe and I've order a stethoscope to try and get into it. No model or serial number anywhere on the front or sides and it's not like to POS things you see online! This thing is heavy as he!!. Hoping that ordering the stethoscope wasn't a waste of money because this thing is so old, the whole tumbler sounds like a dryer full of marbles. Guess it'll be my short term hobby... like I don't have anything better to do, right?

·
Registered
Tundra/Ram/Buick PA
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Okay, I'll bring this one back life.... I know it's the middle of January but like I said, the trucks not going anywhere and it's inside the garage. I did get a battery tender that even has the option of reconditioning the battery. The battery has gone completely dead two or three time so there's no way I'll ever trust it. It'll just have to be a stopgap until the truck can be taken to the dealership to have all the past maintenance taken care of first and then I'll replace the battery with Odyssey Extreme.

Got the stethoscope in hand and got myself down on the floor to start trying to open it. Finding the places where it 'clicked' was really nightmare. The tumblers are making all kinds of noise and which is the one that's when the arm drops is near impossible to differentiate in-between to two sounds. Put a handful of marbles in the dryer and pick the sound of just one of the marbles! The website had a detail list of 'how to' but even they say it could take pro hours with a 'problem child' like this old thing. If the safe was to be trashed, I could just cut the pins from the hinges and be done with it but that's not an options at this point. While in the middle of all this, I was told that there was yet another fire safe! This is much newer and the key is on my Stepfather's old key-ring. Sure enough, in the back was a folder marked 2002 Toyota ! It had paperwork going back to the day he got the truck from a dealership in New Mexico including the window decal. In the middle of all of this was the letter from the bank showing the loan was paid in full and that they would send the title in another mailing. I went though every single page and nothing... again. At this point, we have no clue what he has done with the title or where he could have put it. He may have put it in the older fire safe but I have to get the okay to take it apart. I 'might' be able to put the hinge pins back in but I'm thinking it would be better to put all of 'whatever' it is in my gun safe that's in climatic controlled storage unit. No one but me knows where the unit is, the gate code, the code to get in the building, which unit is mine, the key to open the unit's door, and the combination to open safe... pretty sure it's in a secure place. We're having problems with his care and getting the help we need, so this being set-aside for now.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts