Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently bought a 92 yota 4 cyl 5 speed and there is barely and power i cleaned the throttle plate changed the wires and plugs also the oil and put in a k&n air filter. when u go full throttle it kinda bogs half throttle is where the power is. and there isn't much of that power i speak of . and suggestions? also i have a leak in my manifold but it shouldn't rob me of as much power as it is.

Josh

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey man, i had the same problem with the leak in the manifold, go get headers itll be a world of a difference, quicker acceleration idk about you but my truck is an auto but it couldnt brake stand at all till i got headers

so for a little money headers deff. will give you the power your looking for

·
Registered
23 Posts
The biggest difference in power you will see are upgrading the air intake, exhaust, header and cam in that order. Open air elements really help throttle response, but a lot of people will tell you not to do it for fear of getting hydrolocked in the rain or mud.

The exhaust on these trucks is insanely restrictive to make it quite. Change out the 1.75" exhaust pipe for 2.25" and add a high flowing muffler/cat. Very noticeable torque and horsepower improvements.

Before you do anything though, you need to make sure your truck is in good working condition. Get a manual and good through all of the maintenaince checks. I did that with my truck when I bought it and found a couple of odd ball problems that once corrected, really helped improve the power the truck put out.
~Ben

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.