Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, everyone. New guy here. I did a search, but surprisingly didn’t find much on aftermarket CarPlay solutions. I’m planning on purchasing a pre-owned 3rd gen Highlander Hybrid (XLE or Limited) and would like to replace the Entune system with an aftermarket CarPlay solution. If I do that, will I lose any functionality (i.e., hybrid system monitoring)? I’ve test driven one, but didn’t have a chance to experiment with the head unit and am not sure what functions are tied in with it. Thanks!

·
7,479 Posts
I am pretty sure you will. Mostly hybrid system monitoring. I am not sure, I think there was one owner who managed to use aftermarket head unit and preserve that, but again, I am not positive.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey, everyone. New guy here. I did a search, but surprisingly didn’t find much on aftermarket CarPlay solutions. I’m planning on purchasing a pre-owned 3rd gen Highlander Hybrid (XLE or Limited) and would like to replace the Entune system with an aftermarket CarPlay solution. If I do that, will I lose any functionality (i.e., hybrid system monitoring)? I’ve test driven one, but didn’t have a chance to experiment with the head unit and am not sure what functions are tied in with it. Thanks!
Hi. I was just wondering if you started this project.

How did it go? Did you use a Maestro idatalink or some other project such as a PAC for the interface?

I’ve read a few posts that seemed to suggest that the Maestro product wouldn’t work with a hybrid even though it works with the gas model due to a different communications format or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts