Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, please, before I begin - I realize I am an idiot. My wife realizes she married an idiot. This is all my fault, and I'm trying to make it all better.

OK. we lost our non-smart keys to Highlander somewhere in last couple days. I believe they fell into recyclables, and compacted sometime Thursday afternoon.

I called dealership, and they want me to tow it in and charge me $998. I would get two new Smart Keys.

I have a locksmith coming within hour. He says he can get me a key and rolling for $185. He won't charge me if the car doesn't move.

Hopefully, that all works, but what I really want is a new Smart Key. I have the five digit programming code from dealer when we purchased vehicle. I don't want to spend $1,000.

What are my best options?

·
6,468 Posts
Sounds like the locksmith is your best option.

·
Registered
2011 Highlander Limited, 1994 Toyota Pickup, 2005 Toyota Matrix, 2008 Mustang GT
584 Posts
Yeah, that's what I did. $285, and I got a new smart key too. I also found keys next day.
LOL...ain't that a b*tch. Just the way things go sometimes. I know it's just a matter of time for me LOL.

·
White and nerdy
'13 HL Limited
41 Posts
LOL...ain't that a b*tch. Just the way things go sometimes. I know it's just a matter of time for me LOL.
I keep a jacket in a bag in the car in case it gets unexpectedly cold or rainy or I break down. The dog was acting up and it was cold and I decided to pull-over and let her walk. When I pulled into the driveway, I folded the jacket, placed it back in the bag. Next workday, couldn’t find the keys. I looked “everywhere”. Apparently not- next autumn I pulled on that jacket and keys were in the pocket. Of course. There was also a bag of dog poop in the other pocket. Yep yep yep

1 - 5 of 5 Posts