Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,615 Posts
Ya the intake cam on the driver side seized up long enough for the timing to be out 180 with the belt jumping on the gear... chewed up the cam and the pin by the bolt that hold the gear has lots of play.. new engine on the way since I had warranty on this one from putting it in last December and this will be the cheaper route
Piccies if you got them, please. ;)

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,615 Posts
Although you have some galling on the rear cap, what did any of the other bearing caps look like? Any piccies of the front of the cam where the pin is/was located? I don't think the cap that you have showing would be enough to cause the camshaft to break that front pin. Something else is in play here. ;)

From the first piccie, I'm not seeing any signs or evidence that there was any sludge build up at all. I'm thinking lack of oil lubrication which could have been a low oil level condition. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
What we have figured out that the intake cam siezed up And made that side be 180 off no sludge or anything no clue got a warranty replacement engine tho

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Then the truck is being sold I’m over it this will be the third engine it’s had in two years including the original

21 - 30 of 30 Posts