Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Avalon
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 0-60 time of an original 2001 Toyota Avalon is 8.4 seconds.
My car is 8 years old and has 112,000 miles, all the oil changes have been done on time, I run synthetic oil now along with Pulse Plugs, I have Redline and water in the radiator to run cooler, and now I have a K&N ait filter.
My 0-60 time is about 12 seconds... What can I do???
If I need TRUE tune up, not just a change of spark plugs, where can I go???

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Ummm....so what did you use to time your 0-60? Have you changed your timing belt? If you did, did you recheck the timing? Is there a check engine light? If there is, check to see what it is. Switch back to using factory transmission oil. Redline oil aren't the s**t. Go back to using NGK/Denso spark plugs. Is the KnN filter a drop-in filter or cone filter? If it's the coney kind, go back to drop-in filter. You're sucking in hot air with the coney filter which will cause a decrease in power. Clean your MAF sensor with MAF sensor cleaner. My 01' is gonna hit 200,000 in a few days and it's still running strong. After all this, reset the ECU.

·
Registered
2001 Toyota Avalon
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I used a stopwatch for the 0-60 time. The timing belt was changed at 95,000 miles, redline is in the radiator, the transmission fluid is the Toyta kind, and very clean, The K&N is a drop in filter, which is clean, the Mass airflow sensor is clean too. and I just re-installed new Denso Iridium plugs. and its the same crappy time... No check engine lights either.
Reset the ECU? How would I do that?
And I have no way of checking the timing... Unless there is supposed to be a horrible sound if its off by a little

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Who changed your timing belt? If it was a mechanic, take it back. If you did it, take it to an independent mechanic. Did you gap your spark plugs right? Stop watch? Use something else. Redline coolant? I have never heard of Redline coolant before. Only Redline transmission oil. ECU resetting, just take out the battery for at least 10 minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts