Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
F'ing 3sgte swap ARGH!!!!
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my baby will not start today when i when to check on her,

i tried to crank, and nothing happened...

i visually check that there are no loose connections in the battery...

cranked again... no response... the normal lights that display on the guages hoave no response... even the hazard lights do not work....

my guess is that my battery died on me...

any one second that...

i dun wan to call a tow truck to come down, :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
Pull the battery and have it checked. It could be a bad alternator also that let the battery run down, but not likely since you don't mention BAT light on.

Make sure all your battery, starter, and main bus connections are clean and secure.

good luck

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i really hope it's not the alternator... well.. she was working fine like 2 days, that was when i parked her and left her alone....

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
don't u have any booster cables...try to get someone to give u a boost to confirm that its just the battery that is dead....

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, that's one of the big problems, i'm 3000 miles away from home and i did not carry any of my baby's stuff with me...

:( i drove all the way from daytona to berkeley see, and i'm leaving tomorrow, well... at least the problem showed up now than on the way back... :) she's good to me still...

yeah.. i guess i've to stick to ur suggestion and find someone that can give me a boost.

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
btw... does anyone know's if Sears will charge to have my battery checked, it's a die hard gold installed by the previous owner like 3 yrs ago...

is that like the normal life span of a Battery?

·
Celica 6th Gen Convt
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
erm.. okie.. now here's the scenario...

i was asking ard, and got a boost from a nissan... ;) i would never let my baby be touched by a Honda... esp a civic...

now everythings working ok... but i would like to find out the cause of my battery dieing out... it's a DIE HARD GOLD btw...

and that was the 1st time i experienced a total battery failure, i call it a total battery failure, for now i remembered, that at the time of my 1st post of this thread, when i opend the door, the door lights did not even come on, and neither did the red light that shows the car door opened sign. that also did not show...

anyone can shed a light

·
Registered
21 Posts
3 years is about right, usually you can get 5, but 3 is good.. Having the guys at Autozone or Sears condition the battery might get you back home, but a new one should only be like $60... Do you have access to a multimeter? If so, when you get a new battery, start the car, and test the voltage across the contacts. If 12v your alternator/voltage regulator (build into alternator) is shot. If +- 13.8 volts, it was the battery and you're golden..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts