Toyota Nation Forum banner

Lost Tail Gate

3K views 25 replies 19 participants last post by  dktaco 
#1 ·
Well I went to bed last night and it was there. I step out my front door to go to work and either
A: my tailgate grew legs and ran away.

B: some dumb ass stole it! :headbang:

I've only had the new one a month(TSB) I hope the fucker who stole is crashes and at least has a crappy day!

I believe thieves if caught should either be shot or have a hand cut off!

If your in tallahasse and you see a silver tail gate with only the tacoma logo and white gauges in the inner plastic liner please flick the person off or dent the tail gate.

Happily my insurance is replacing the tail gate with no cost to me.:clap:

#2 · (Edited)
Well I went to bed last night and it was there. I step out my front door to go to work and either
A: my tailgate grew legs and ran away.

B: some dumb ass stole it! :headbang:

I've only had the new one a month(TSB) I hope the fucker who stole is crashes and at least has a crappy day!

I believe thieves if caught should either be shot or have a hand cut off!

If your in tallahasse and you see a silver tail gate with only the tacoma logo and white gauges in the inner plastic liner please flick the person off or dent the tail gate.

Happily my insurance is replacing the tail gate with no cost to me.:clap:
That sucks.
Get a Pop n Lock or at least the hose clamp deterrent..
I wonder how guys like this get these tailgates..:thumbsdow

http://austin.craigslist.org/pts/1102938426.html

#10 ·
I have the automatic pop & lock that ties into the key less entry system. I like it a lot it is convenient not to have to pull out a key and unlock it.

#20 ·
Like dtaco, my tailgate's so dinged up and bent(not from overloading, just work accidents) that if it was stolen, I'd tell the cops to start an all-points search for Helen Keller!

I live on a very small island, and there's not much of a market for Taco tailgates, so I've never heard of one being stolen. Taillights and parking lights cost so much, I think those are frequently pilfered, even here. I see vehicles missing them quite often, and obviously not a crunch, but a theft.

Texas Jim in St Croix

#21 ·
Pop'n'lock for me, I got in on the group buy over at TW.

Keep an eye on craigslist, chances are you'll find yours. Email them and arrange a meeting, go with the cops :)

#22 ·
I got in on that as well I just lost the tail gate before I got the lock..... the nex one will stay in the house till the lock gets here. Then im think in an all out assault with hose clamp gun locks and pop and locks. so at least if they still it it'll be fucked. or maybe it will take long enough the dog will notice and I can make the news for humiliating a theif.

#23 · (Edited)
i'm sorry fellas, but pop-n-lock is the way to go. i installed the power one. it's in the 2005+ write-up. i don't care where you live or how secure you think your tailgate is.... it's not. even the hose clamp mod is ineffective. do yourself a favor and buy either the manual or powered pop-n-lock. you won't regret it.

#24 ·
Redundancy is key. PopNLock, hose clamp, and anything else you can think of. Thieves are looking for an easy score so a PopNLock will stop most on sight alone. Then you've got your backup "systems" like the hose clamp and/or the gun locks. Can't go wrong there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.