Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Corolla XRS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... i just installed my fujita SRI on my 05 rolla xrs.... 35k miles on it, and now there is a very loud ticking noise at idle...from the vsv or whatever its called... but its in the upper right corner of the engine near the firewall... i have heard this is normal after installing the aftermarket intake? Why does it tick now versus having a stock intake? and is there any way to make it go away or make it less loud/noticeable....? Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Toyota Corolla
106 Posts
Maybe build a shield for the intake if doesn't alredy have one????

·
Registered
2007 Altis S Black
6 Posts
even without any modifications, i personally know that corollas tick because of the fuel pump after ignition off

·
Registered
2005 Corolla XRS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No... its the freaking VSV.... i know what it is.... im not trying to diagnose whats ticking.... im trying to find out why the VSV is ticking after i installed the Intake.....

·
Registered
Matrix XR 2003
188 Posts
No... its the freaking VSV.... i know what it is.... im not trying to diagnose whats ticking.... im trying to find out why the VSV is ticking after i installed the Intake.....
The VSV has always been there, but the ticking was "muted" with the OEM intake plastic.

Once you have installed your SRI, the VSV became "unmuted".

There is nothing wrong, it is normal, some would not even notice it anymore.

·
Registered
2005 Corolla XRS
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The VSV has always been there, but the ticking was "muted" with the OEM intake plastic.

Once you have installed your SRI, the VSV became "unmuted".

There is nothing wrong, it is normal, some would not even notice it anymore.

Awesome... thats what i thought... i just wanted to make sure.... i guess if i get too annoyed ill just remount it or zip tie it to something to quiet it up.... or wrap it in some sort of insulator to keep it muffled..... thanks bud. :whatwhat:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts