Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've really liked the looks and appeal of the Highlander and I'll be buying something very soon. I've read a number of owners' concerns about the nav and phone-integration systems not working, and no real fix offered from Toyota. (Check this link for some Edmunds.com owner reviews.) Is this a real issue, or just an isolated thing? Do any of you 2019 Highlander owners have experience with this? I even emailed my local dealer about it and the response I got was "we've never heard of this!" Kinda weird....

Any input is welcome; thank you.

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
Toyota will unveil a newly designed HL at the NY Auto Show next week. It will be a 2020 model, but probably not available until very late 2019 or early 2020.

It is difficult for automakers to upgrade their infotainment systems within the same generation (since they typically sign multi-year contracts with outside vendors like Harmon International), so waiting for the 2020 model may be your best bet if that is a critical factor in your buying decision.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,460 Posts
I had no issues integrating the phone and nav on my HL.

Personally, if I was getting a 2019 HL, I would go for the SE. I just like how they packaged the SE 2019 MY.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No problem with phone integration on my ‘19. Nav system does seem really outdated but not a big concern for me as there’s a thing called a smartphone that almost a makes in-dash navigation systems redundant anyway. Unless you have limited data and need to use navigation heavily, the factory one is merely adequate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts