1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
1,301 Posts
I have had leather in my last 10 or so cars.

I really like leather seats a lot. They stay clean, resist stains and just look good. However, I would NOT reccomend black leather. I had them in an 02 BMW M.

·
Love this Tacoma!
Toyota Tacoma
623 Posts
Man if that was gray it'd be gone already cause I would have bought it. But I saw one with black leather the other day on here and I didnt care for the black since the interior is mostly light gray and medium grays. Doesnt seem like a bad price depending on installation costs that is?

·
Registered
95 Supra/05 Tacoma
103 Posts
Nice!!! This has got me interested. And they are here in the sunshine state. :thumbup: Man what to do, what to do...

They look like leather seat covers.. is that all they are. Do they just go over ur existing seats? Or is the fabric pulled off and this installed? I may just ask an upholstry place round here what it'd be to install.

Robsatx- why not black leather? Besides being hot, which i fix with some dark tints. I wouldnt get any other color leather in the supra. But i sure loved my MAROON/RED leather i got in my 01 330. :thumbup:

John

·
Registered
95 Supra/05 Tacoma
103 Posts
yfzjen said:
But I saw one with black leather the other day on here and I didnt care for the black since the interior is mostly light gray and medium grays.
True, i didnt even think of that. It would look alittle funny. The trd seat covers atleast have the grey border. Did you see it in person, or in a pic. If a pic.. post it up, id like to see.

·
Love this Tacoma!
Toyota Tacoma
623 Posts
That's the exact one I was thinking of that I saw. Not that it looks bad, but its just not me and contrasts a lil too much with the rest of the interior colors. Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
95 Supra/05 Tacoma
103 Posts
Thanks BOONE88RR!!

I like em alot. They do seem to mismatch a bit in there. They might look good against the black all weather floor mats i got. I like the black, but i think itd be better to wait and find something that matches better with the grey in the truck. Something like the trd seat covers in leather would be sweet! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Turtle - any good upholstry shop could prolly get a certain color youd want done for you. Just mention it to them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Would one of you people please hit the "buy it now" option......my finger is really starting to get the itch. I want to do the Line-X along the outside of the truck before something like this.......The price of these (without installation) seems roughly about what Wet Okoles are. I'm going out for a cup of coffee and let these fingers relax a little bit....they keep inching towards that left mouse button.........

·
Love this Tacoma!
Toyota Tacoma
623 Posts
Classic Soft trim also does the leather interiors and installs. Their web site has a installer finder for their compant might check them out. They can do the colors you want i'm sure.

·
Banned
1,301 Posts

Suprataco said:
Nice!!! This has got me interested. And they are here in the sunshine state. :thumbup: Man what to do, what to do...

They look like leather seat covers.. is that all they are. Do they just go over ur existing seats? Or is the fabric pulled off and this installed? I may just ask an upholstry place round here what it'd be to install.

Robsatx- why not black leather? Besides being hot, which i fix with some dark tints. I wouldnt get any other color leather in the supra. But i sure loved my MAROON/RED leather i got in my 01 330. :thumbup:

John
Heat was in issue in a convertible car, but the issue was they ALWAYS look dirty. Also when the leather "creases" in gray it looks good. In black it looks "white". YOu spend a lot of time keeping black leather "up".

I also had a 330ci with grey leather. It always looked good. In my wifes Navi and Yukon it was beige. That looks good also.

Black leather is like a black car. Looks good, but a biatch to keep looking clean. HOWEVER, I personally do not think the black "goes" very well in a Tacoma.

Just my .02 . . .

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was quoted for the double cab $800, which included the door panels, seats, and the console lid.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts