Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
camrys blow off too!
06 subaru wrx wagon
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how many of you guys have lowered your fourth gens? i wanna, but im worried about having problems dragging. i have a few problems now. i dont want it to get worse, to the point that it sucks to drive. i deliver pizza in it, so i need it to be driveable.

btw im still on the stock 13's

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
In my car (see sig), bone stock, I drag with it.

I was told by people on this forum that a SLIGHTLY lower (1") suspension with stuff springs will be OK as the car won't slam down on the curb/speedbump or whatever it may be.

·
Search is your friend
327 Posts
My hALf-TRAC is lowered 1.5-1.75" using APEX lowering springs...they are an excellent spring not to stiff or to soft. I'm using them in conjunction with KYB GR2/AGX struts which give it a stiff feeling without being overly harsh. It is perfect for the street/track I dont have to worry about going over curbs and speed bumps sideways, unlike most lowered cars. Keep in mind though that I do have a body kit on my car so at times it does 'drag' over large speed bumps and raised sidewalks/curbs. Also I run on 17" and thus neccesitated the need to roll my fenders. It rubbed even before the lowering when I had the 17" on. It should be mentioned that I am using the APEX front lowering springs from an AllTrac for my hALf-TRAC project...the considerable added weight of the turbo motor and LSD tranny along with hybrid half-shafts and related turbo components...demanded that I use stiffer springs and adjustable damping struts in the front. The rear recieved APEX springs for the GTS model and struts are factory valved aftermarket replacements. In my sig you'll find pics of my car in its current build process...as you will see the car will go even lower once the restof the fluids, speaker equipment and exhaust is installed.

·
Registered
460 Posts
SWEET car ............. I am the guy with the 1990 celica GTS ......the car u almost bought!!!

I stll have my Celi........ u got a sweet deal on that car!!!

·
Nuckin Futs
72 Posts
I have been thinking about lowering my 4g,but there is no point. I am thinking maybe just stiffer struts with factory springs. The car sits low enough,and my lip spoiler and licence plate crunch,drag and smash everywhere they go,and I run factory 14" rims.

·
Search is your friend
327 Posts
Jamie - thanks man...actually it wasnt all like this...it was pretty much stock when I got it, running on 3 cylinders, blown brakes and suspension...but the body is MINT and that was exactlly what I was looking for...:D

I have to agree with Mike the car sits low enough from the factory sometimes its hard to distinguish if its lowered or not...slightly stiffer springs, struts and sway bars is always nice to have, but not mandatory...FYI 90' Celica springs and struts are stiffer from the factory and are a direct fit on a 4G Celica, Im reffering to HB of course.
The AllTrac on the other hand is a different story and that 4x4 definitly needs to be dropped - Eddie are you paying attention?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts