Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
07VVTi
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got some new 17" wheels on my car, now I've decided it's too high (stock). First of all, I don't care that much about the performance as much as the appearance. Actually, I don't care if the ride is any stiffer, it's stiff enough now for me. But, I would like it to look nice, not slammed, but nice with room not to bottom out or worry about speed bumps. I'm wondering first, is 2" a good drop, or too much? Second, I have an '07 and saw an H&R spring kit on Tire Rack for $205. Is that all is required are the springs (considering I stay stock with the struts)?

Thanks again for any insight!

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Tein and Eibach seem to be popular with the 03 and up Corollas, the Teins go lower out of the 2, go with the Tein springs to get rid of that SUV height on the XRS. :D

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
XRS is Already half an inch lower compared to the 1ZZ-FEs.

Tein S-Techs lowers 1ZZ Corollas by 2.25 inches (more like 2.75 inches for XRS).

Tein H-Techs lower 1ZZ Corollas by 1.5 inches in the rear and 1.7 inches at the front ( 2.0 inches in the back and 2.2 inches in the front for XRS).

I am getting the Tein H-Techs alongwith ultra wide (for a compact car) 215/50/16 Dunlop (or Yokohama) race track tires next spring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts