Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Lexus ES 250
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an ES 250 V6 with the 5 speed in Jade Green. Scoots pretty good, kinda high miles but still going. I work at a Lexus dealership and almost everyone hates this car. Yeah it's a pain to work on but I just did just about all the "stuff" to the motor that these cars need so I'm all good.

I'd like to lower this car a bit just for kicks. Does anyone make lowering spring for this car? I know about the front sway/strut bar. Hell, I've fabricated a lot so modifying this bar is nothing.

any inputs?

·
422 Posts
http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=INT-75-1-002

I believe these are the only ones availible for the Gen2 Camry/Gen1 ES. I've got them on my 88 V6 and the drop is nice, descent ride too. I'd reccommend replacing your struts while you're at it, since the OEM ones can't take the drop very well. If you've got servicable struts you can pick up some Tokico Blue Inserts, otherwise you can get the KYB GR-2 replacement struts.

Just curious, what "stuff" have you done to your motor?

·
Registered
Lexus ES 250
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, when i say stuff, i mean from a technicians point of view. Valve cover gaskets, valve adjustment, cam seals, timing belt, spark plugs, cap, rotor, wires, and I did a p/s pump, lower control arm bushings, and had to do a p/s rack boot. This thing needed a lot of work, but I got it for $900.

As for performance, nothing, well on the valve adjustment, on the back cylinder head, I tweeked the valve adjustment closest to spec to sqeeze a little lift out of the valves.

so what else is there to do to these cars, on the motor? Header? intake, etc etc

Very very cool on the springs. what sucks is this car had new rear struts put on it, but whats funny is theres a noise still coming from back there, so maybe the mech didn't do something right

·
422 Posts
Well, no one ever has done shit on the 2vz, so for now I say a CAI and some rice-ass muffler on eBay.

I plan to eventually, just got get the thing in good enough shape to do it, motor is 2nd to last on my list. After that's body :)

·
Registered
Lexus ES 250
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well crap

I noticed that the spring are 1.5 " all the way around. The back end of my car is higher and I'd like to level it out. And then, the springs are for a 4 cyl and mines a v6 so how much of a difference that will make, and are these for a 2 door (V2 chassis?) or a 4 door (mine)?

Yeah as for performance stuff, I really don't see the need to dump too much $$ into the car. Probably the best thing I could do is drop a rebuilt motor later.

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,917 Posts
The Intrax springs say 1.5" drop all the way around... but the drop in the front is more. And with the V6, that problem will be even more pronounced. It sucks, buy you might have to cut one coil off the back to even it out (or just put a big subwoofer back there! :D )

The SV21 chassis and VZV21 chassis are the same car (they never made a 2-door gen2 Camry/ES250). The S has the 4-cylinder engine and the VZ chassis has the V6 in it... I'm not sure of the technical name for the ES250 chassis, but I would assume its the same as the V6 Camry from the same years.

You can get a strut tower brace off ebay for cheap (I thought the ES250 already had a strut tower bar??). Whiteline makes front and rear swaybars to go along with the springs and struts...

-Charlie

·
3s-gte in a Camry?!?
'89 Camry Alltrac
8,917 Posts
Oh, and if you ever want to get rid of the car for cheap, I would be happy to take it off your hands! (a 5-speed ES250 is very rare... I didn't even know they made them!)

-Charlie

·
Registered
Lexus ES 250
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok

Yeah I was wondering about the back. The white camry in your sig.....? is that lowered, because looking at the tire placement looks similar to what i've got. I think I'll try to contact tech support at intrax to get a little more info.

And cutting a spring ? yuck, I've done that before and the ride really gets bad. Anyhow thanks for the info

Yeah there weren't very many of the manual ES's made. Mines more camry than ES. I mean the interior is cloth and there's no sunroof, which is fine with me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts