Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2003 corolla
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am in the middle of buying dropzone lowering springs. it is a 2in drop both front and rear. will i be off on stock shocks/struts. how sson before i should change or upgrade them? anyhelp would be greatful. thanks

G

·
0 Posts
well with any lowering spring your going to be putting more wear and tear on stock shocks. stock shocks are designed for stock height not 2 inches lower. if you have the means and money you should save the time in having to tear down the suspension in a few months and do them right now. find a shock that supports a 2inch drop. KYB's are pretty cheap and good.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I would wait until I could do the struts and springs together otherwise you are going to have to take it apart at least twice. Once for the springs and then again as you add your struts. If you could afford koni struts, that would be good. If not you can use KYB-GR2's

·
The TN Member
ae101 levin&trueno
1,273 Posts
Its only a 2 hour job anyway, so yeah go for it.

Depends on how and where you drive and what they're like at the moment as to how long they will last.

And it also depends on weather or not you care if your shocks are stuffed.

·
Registered
2003 corolla
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont mind them being stuffed at the moment but i will want to replace them before im supposed to. what do you guys recommend?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts