Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hahaha so after hanging out with some friends this weekend I think Ive changed my mind again on lowering the truck...used to be lowered and I raised it back up....think Im gonna lower it again lol. This time gonna do the bj flip in front and maybe an " on the torsions and just do the bottom so I can run some camber, eventually get some 2" spindles, and gonna run 2" blocks for a while, then throw my 3" back in....maybe leafs...I still wanna haul stuff of course, and Im buying motorcycles all the time, so Im gonna run some kind of assist in the rear...maybe motorcycls struts/springs. Any advice guys? :)

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
dude, you should ride in my truck. b/j flip, trimmed front bumpstops, torsions, 3" blocks, removed mid leaf, that baby notch.

it's pretty smooth.... like when i drove around without the bed... holy crap, i never knew it was that smooth once the bed is on lol.

btw, you got effin Starions!!! My friend in Georgia has an orange 1980 LongBed with a turbo Tacoma motor :D

I know you want the quality stuff, so I say you should get the spindles and belltech leafs, and look for Beefed Taco Steel Drop Blocks. he uses high quality stuff. If i didn't have 3" blocks already, i'd get them from him.

Toyotaminis.com :D

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Nah Im too cheap for bags...and I do like funtionality. Ill cheap out to a certain point. Im only gonna lower it an inch or so tonight in front and throw some 2" blocks I have laying around on the back. I have some Nice Belltech 3" blocks that were on it, but took em off when I raised the truck back up. Tires wont let me go too low right now...Im riding on some low offset steelies with meaty tires lol.

Ill eventually get some 2" spindles and new drop shocks in front....I probably will use some ohlins or bilstein motorcycle struts and springs in the back so i can haul a load....I want to be able to haul without any sag in the rear. Might go with lowering leafs dont know yet. XD

And yeah Ive got the starions but not riding around on em yet....need to find two more 16x8s and two more new tires. :)

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
Haha other than like $5 for some steel.
And when you have friends with welders :D

True, I don't have air ride. I plan to go coilovers sometime later. :D
coilovers up front, and coilovers in the back with IRS.

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
Nah Im too cheap for bags...and I do like funtionality. Ill cheap out to a certain point. Im only gonna lower it an inch or so tonight in front and throw some 2" blocks I have laying around on the back. I have some Nice Belltech 3" blocks that were on it, but took em off when I raised the truck back up. Tires wont let me go too low right now...Im riding on some low offset steelies with meaty tires lol.

Ill eventually get some 2" spindles and new drop shocks in front....I probably will use some ohlins or bilstein motorcycle struts and springs in the back so i can haul a load....I want to be able to haul without any sag in the rear. Might go with lowering leafs dont know yet. XD

And yeah Ive got the starions but not riding around on em yet....need to find two more 16x8s and two more new tires. :)
Nice, I say take your time with it :)

I'm on a very simple setup with my truck...
got some 16" wheels off craigslist for $100 with allseasons. I also got 1.5" spacers :D

When are you planning to get 4WD fenders?

Have you trimmed or removed the rear bumpstops?

·
Registered
608 Posts
Haha other than like $5 for some steel.
And when you have friends with welders :D

True, I don't have air ride. I plan to go coilovers sometime later. :D
coilovers up front, and coilovers in the back with IRS.
I like coil overs, put them on with some air shocks in the rear. :cool:

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice, I say take your time with it :)

I'm on a very simple setup with my truck...
got some 16" wheels off craigslist for $100 with allseasons. I also got 1.5" spacers :D

When are you planning to get 4WD fenders?

Have you trimmed or removed the rear bumpstops?
Yeah I posted in your thread about the meshes i like em. I run meshes on my accord all the time. :)

Ill get some 4wd fenders and a grill when i can find em...its very VERY difficult to find toyota parts in Georgia for cheap....and cheap being the keyword.

Rear bumpstops were trimmed...but I threw new stock ones in before driving it again...have to trim em down. XD

I may got 2" in the front tonight if i can ever get my torsion bolts loose again.....if I do that then Ill just throw the 3" blocks back in.

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
Yeah I posted in your thread about the meshes i like em. I run meshes on my accord all the time. :)

Ill get some 4wd fenders and a grill when i can find em...its very VERY difficult to find toyota parts in Georgia for cheap....and cheap being the keyword.

Rear bumpstops were trimmed...but I threw new stock ones in before driving it again...have to trim em down. XD

I may got 2" in the front tonight if i can ever get my torsion bolts loose again.....if I do that then Ill just throw the 3" blocks back in.
Thanks! I'm currently letting nature do her work and corrode the chrome :D

I ordered fenders and a bumper from a shop.
They aren't perfect, slight gaps, but otherwise, I DO have 4WD fenders on hehehe.
Some guys ordered from Certi- Fit, cheap stuff I heard.

Torsion bolts.. haven't messed with those things in forever. I jacked up the truck to get room and removed some load off the torsions. I guess once you get the lock nuts loose, the rest is easy.

What grille are you looking for?

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks! I'm currently letting nature do her work and corrode the chrome :D

I ordered fenders and a bumper from a shop.
They aren't perfect, slight gaps, but otherwise, I DO have 4WD fenders on hehehe.
Some guys ordered from Certi- Fit, cheap stuff I heard.

Torsion bolts.. haven't messed with those things in forever. I jacked up the truck to get room and removed some load off the torsions. I guess once you get the lock nuts loose, the rest is easy.

What grille are you looking for?
Yeah I would order from somewhere...but thats still not cheap enough for me. :)

Any grill really. Ive got the 4wd grill center but no emblem and I cant for the life of me find the end pieces...also need a passenger 2wd corner lol.

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
Yeah I would order from somewhere...but thats still not cheap enough for me. :)

Any grill really. Ive got the 4wd grill center but no emblem and I cant for the life of me find the end pieces...also need a passenger 2wd corner lol.
search 92-95 Toyota pickup 4wd grille headlight doors, might find it.

btw, EBAY will help.

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I said cant find it cheap enough lol. WHen I find some they will be cheap enough. No ebay. XD Anyway got the front down about 1.25 and the read down 2" put my autopals in and some bizenon 4300k hids....the cutoff it terrible...gotta figure something out or either just throw the hella ecodes in there.

·
Registered
HiluxSupraISF
4,529 Posts
finding some nice projectors would be nice...

an image of the autopals would be neat!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts