Registered
2,104 Posts
they are part of the package. its in there standard on the XR and sport

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Consumer Guide Automotive

Regular cabs and Access Cabs use 6-ft-long cargo beds, Double Cabs 5- and 6-ft beds; all have a dent-resistant plastic liner. Tacoma offers two engines. The 159-hp 4-cyl teams with a 5-speed manual transmission or 4-speed automatic. The 236-hp V6 teams with a 6-speed manual or 5-speed automatic. Both are available with rear-wheel drive or with 4-wheel drive that should not be left engaged on dry pavement, but has low-range gearing. ABS is standard for all Tacomas. An antiskid system is optional, as is a limited-slip rear differential. Available for off-roading are locking rear differential, Toyota's downhill assist control designed to maintain a slow speed on steep descents, and hill ascent control to avoid sliding backward. Side airbags are available only on Double Cabs. They're optional and consist of front side airbags and head-protecting front/rear curtain side airbags. Among special models, the 2WD PreRunner features a raised suspension and other 4WD styling cues. The sporty X-Runner is an Access Cab with V6, 6-speed manual transmission, aero lower body trim, low-riding sport suspension, and 18-inch wheels. Other Tacomas have 15-, 16-, or 17-inch wheels, depending on model or option package.

I have the 06 Sport and you are telling me that I do have LSD, i'm going to check as soon as I get home.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
all the sport and XR have the mechanical LSD in the rear..you have a LSD
not that silly brake simulated LSD thats on the other base SR5 trucks

·
Banned
1,301 Posts

LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) is one of the major drugs making up the hallucinogen class. LSD was discovered in 1938 and is one of the most potent mood-changing chemicals. It is manufactured from lysergic acid, which is found in ergot, a fungus that grows on rye and other grains.
LSD, commonly referred to as "acid," is sold on the street in tablets, capsules, and, occasionally, liquid form. It is odorless, colorless, and has a slightly bitter taste and is usually taken by mouth. Often LSD is added to absorbent paper, such as blotter paper, and divided into small decorated squares, with each square representing one dose.
The Drug Enforcement Administration reports that the strength of LSD samples obtained currently from illicit sources ranges from 20 to 80 micrograms of LSD per dose. This is considerably less than the levels reported during the 1960s and early 1970s, when the dosage ranged from 100 to 200 micrograms, or higher, per unit.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
robsatx said:
LSD (lysergic acid diethylamide) is one of the major drugs making up the hallucinogen class. LSD was discovered in 1938 and is one of the most potent mood-changing chemicals. It is manufactured from lysergic acid, which is found in ergot, a fungus that grows on rye and other grains.
LSD, commonly referred to as "acid," is sold on the street in tablets, capsules, and, occasionally, liquid form. It is odorless, colorless, and has a slightly bitter taste and is usually taken by mouth. Often LSD is added to absorbent paper, such as blotter paper, and divided into small decorated squares, with each square representing one dose.
The Drug Enforcement Administration reports that the strength of LSD samples obtained currently from illicit sources ranges from 20 to 80 micrograms of LSD per dose. This is considerably less than the levels reported during the 1960s and early 1970s, when the dosage ranged from 100 to 200 micrograms, or higher, per unit.
:wtf:

·
Banned
1,301 Posts

Just being silly when I saw LSD reminded me of younger days. Thought LSD acronym was used to gain attention to the Acid days.

Did not mean to hijack the thread just trying to bring some humor. :sosad:

·
Profound!
198 Posts
In the Central Atlantic area, you can get a SR5 with the LSD option, along with the Tow package. That's on V6 models, of course.

From what I can see, however, LSD is NOT standard on anything but the Xrunner and the TRD Sport. I believe the TRD OR has a locking rear differential standard.

It should be an option if you have it, and should be listed on your window sticker.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
OsideVinny760 said:
i'll get back at ya anc check as soon as I get home.
Buddy you dont gotta check..if you have a Sport package truck you have a Mechanical LSD in the diff

·
Badassness
2005 Tacoma
511 Posts
robsatx said:
The man that invented lsd recently turned 100 years old, he had a huge party and got to see friends, relatives, and a 9 foot tall Unicorn. True story :thumbup:

Back on topic. Like everyone else said, Sports & XRs get LSD standard with their packages. While its optional on the SR5 models, I have the SR5 #8 and I have the LSD.

·
Profound!
198 Posts
I'll reiterate;

LSD STANDARD - XRunner and TRD Sport

Locking rear differential (there's a difference from the LSD) STANDARD - TRD Off Road

The SR5 has NO STANDARD limited slip or locking rear differential. It IS available as an option, at least in my area it is (different areas of the country have different available options). Also, in my area, the LSD is only available as an option on the V6 SR5 models.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
PYSport Package #1
Includes sport suspension, Bilstein shocks, 17" x 7.5" alloy wheels, P265/65R17 tires, limited slip differential, locking rear differential, 115V/400W power point, fog lamps, cruise control, hood scoop, color-keyed exterior sliding rear window with privacy glass, sport seats with driver's side lumbar and TRD sport graphics. NOT AVAILABLE with OC.
OCOff-Road Package #1
Includes cruise control, sliding rear window with privacy glass, chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and overfenders, metallic tone I/P, upgrade fabric, leather wheel and shifter, sunvisors with mirrors and extensions, SR5 badging, driver's seat lumbar support, off-road suspension, Bilstein shocks, 16" x 7" alloy wheels, P265/70R16 tires, locking rear differential, limited slip differential, fog lamps, skid plate (engine/transfer case), 115V/400W deck power point, sport seats and TRD Off-Road graphics.
SLSR5 Package #2
Includes chrome grille surround and rear bumper, color-keyed front bumper and overfenders, metallic tone I/P, upgrade fabric, leather steering wheel and shifter, sunvisors with mirrors and extensions, SR5 badging, cruise control with steering wheel controls, power exterior mirrors, sliding rear window with privacy glass and front fog lamps.

got it, just did not say that on the paper work (specificly) on what my 06 tacoma sport had LSD. thanks for info, even though I sounded kinda ignorant on not knowing my stuff.:smokin: :smokin:

·
Registered
05 Tacoma Sport 4x4
1,025 Posts
mwfromva said:
I'll reiterate;

LSD STANDARD - XRunner and TRD Sport

Locking rear differential (there's a difference from the LSD) STANDARD - TRD Off Road

The SR5 has NO STANDARD limited slip or locking rear differential. It IS available as an option, at least in my area it is (different areas of the country have different available options). Also, in my area, the LSD is only available as an option on the V6 SR5 models.
Correct, but there is one more to confuse everyone the "auto LSD" for some SR5 packages. Think its for those with the TRAC/VSC pgks. Its a push button on the dash, that is a brake based LSD that brakes the spinning wheel on an open diff. My neighbor has on his Tundra. Kinda dumb cause you gotta push a button, and it can only be used in 2wd... just use 4wd instead! TRD sport have the Mech LSD like god intended.

·
Speed Junkie
139 Posts
05XRunner said:
the LSD only comes in the Sport package or XRunner
Actually LSD comes in the SR5 #8 package as well. You don't have to get a TRD Sport or XRunner to get LSD.

·
Registered
124 Posts
basshead760 said:
Doesn't the non sport TRD w/Tow Package have LSD?
No. That would be the TRD Off-Road package, which comes with the electronic locking diff. There are two TRD packages, Sport and Off-Road. Only the Sport has it, you cannot get LSD on the Off-Road package. So if you want the sport seats and LSD, you have to get the TRD Sport package.

If you get a XRunner or one with the TRD Sport package, it will have the LSD, no matter what. If you get a SR-5 (non TRD equipped), it may or may not have it--dependent upon packages. Most SR-5 in my area had them, so the only way not to have LSD was by getting a TRD Off-Road package.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts