Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is explained poorly or hard to understand. Looking for some thoughts before I take it in for inspection.

I have a 2010 Corolla S that I've noticed an issue that only happens when it's below 40 degrees outside. When it's cold and I'm accelerating at highway speeds the car will lurch, sometimes pretty violently, as it revs up or shifts. Not sure how exactly to describe it. Have noticed it more likely to happen on an incline/decline than a level road.

Example - If I'm quickly accelerating beyond 50, to say get up to the speed limit, the car will just lurch for a second and almost feeling like i drove straight into a curb. Like sometimes it hits hard.

Spark plugs going out? A friend thought maybe a vacuum tube with a leak? Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
8,666 Posts
Manual or automatic?
If automatic, it is quite possibly shifting related. Delayed shift.
If it's manual, and it's temperature related, it's something to do with fuel supply.
Start with cleaning fuel lines, throttle body and EGR, if you have it. Check air filter. Otherwise, it's pump or injectors issue. Or, one of the sensors telling ECM that you want whoomp.

·
Registered
09 Corolla Base 17 Camry SE
2,572 Posts
Has any maintenance ever been done to the trans?

·
Registered
2010 Corolla Altis XRS
119 Posts
Simple question.....have you checked the transmission fluid level via the dip stick?

If thats ok....what are the conditions of or have you checked:

-spark plugs
-engine coil packs
-PCV
-engine oil level
-have you hooked up scanner...to read if any codes
-throttle body ( needs cleaning )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts