Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

My MAF sensor went on my '89 Turbo and I wasn't able to find another to repair it. I ended up buying a Lexus MAF, RC 550cc injectors, and an Apexi S-AFC II computer.

Got everything installed but the car is barely running. :headbang:

I set the S-AFC on channel 4, it's the only channel I can drive the car under. The car hesitates and is next to impossible to accelerate. :confused: What Apexi settings are ideal to get the car running properly?? Any help at all would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks, Jeff :canada:

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Jeff,
I've got the S-AFC2 running just fine in my car. Are you sure that you've got it set to be a "Karman" type sensor? IIRC they come from the factory set to use a hotwire MAF style setup and it must be changed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, as it turns out it had nothing to do with my S-AFC and everything to do with yet another bad MAF electronics module. :liar:

I've bought three modules now (off Ebay) and finally have a good one. :clap: It came off a '89 so I don't know how long it'll last. Any idea where I can find a back-up module?

So the car runs fine now but I'm not sure whether I have the S-AFC II set up to give me the best perfomance. :dunno: Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks again, Jeff

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Try junkyard for backup. Then I don't think I've seen enough Camry with 3S-GE with MAF. They got tons of 3S-FE with MAP. Try to see if you can use MAF from another Toyota, maybe easier to find then a Supra one.
Since you have the SAFC, it can remap any MAF/MAP input to stock output.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
Supra and the 4L lexus were among the few Toyota products that ever used Karman Vortec sensors. Nothing else in North America got them.

Bob

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Since you have the SAFC, it can remap any MAF/MAP input to stock output.
Doesn't work that way at all. It allows you to take the input signal, and adjust it. IF your input is coming from a MAP, it will output a MAP signal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You're input MAP signal = Outputting a MAP signal...:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts