Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this is buggin me. i found this on the internet a few weex back and havent been able to find it since. someone had replaced their intake pipe to the turbo from the filter with a metal pipe and the maf had been removed. does anyone kno what im talkin about or kno anything about this. im just wonderin how they went about removing the maf and there car is still running fine lol.

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
The HKS VPC converts the car from MAF to speed density. This will allow you to (practically) just mount a filter on the turbo and go. No tubes, nothing. It's all post turbo.

This is the route I intend to take.

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
The HKS VPC (Vein Pressure Converter) is a discontinued item. It’s also not exactly cheap or easy to setup. Here’s what you’d need to find to get it up and running:

- Main HKS VPC Control Box ($230-300+ on ebay)
- VPC ROM for your car and injectors ($65)
- VPC Pressure Sensor ($155)
- VPC Temperature Sensor ($55)
- VPC Wiring harness (Vehicle Specific, $145 for the Mk3)

Most all parts (except the main box) can be bought from HKS still. It’s a magnificent unit for what it does, but if you change injectors the car will not run correctly, you will have to buy another ROM from HKS if you do.

·
Super Moderator
Supra
3,640 Posts
Of course, there's brand new options cheaper and somewhat more effective than the VPC. MAF-T (mass airflow translator conversion), and MAP ECU (mass air pressure ecu translator). Either system works with different sized injectors, eliminates the KV sensor, and can be tuned. MAF-T is the cheapest, MAP ecu about the same price as a used VPC.

Bob

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Of those options however, the VPC seemed to be the most "tried and true." They were also having issues of signal corruption with the MAF-T last I heard...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
alright guys thanks for the replies. lol sounds like i will stick with the maf and what nots for right now lol.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts