Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!!
after reading about all the exhausts and talking to the guys on this forum (thanks alot guys haha ) i finally decided to go with the magnaflow.
i got the single in and dual out. 5x8 18" 24" 2-1/2" in 2/2.5 dual out.
i so far really like the low grawling sound. sounds mean haha
i will definitely take pictures during the day tomorrow and also sound clips if you guys want.

but do i have to disconnect the battery?? if so how do you do it :eek: ??
and is there a break in period kinda thing for mufflers?

·
Don't mess with the Blue
'06 DC Sport TRD
1,809 Posts
sweet. I have that exact same muffler. I am probably going to get it put on tomorrow. What did you do for exhaust tips for your duals. Do you have any on there or do you just have the pipes coming all the way out?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AlpineJLAudio said:
I am glad. Magnaflow is wonderful. 5x8x18 is the muffler to get. No doubt about it.

Are you still gonna go duals out or single out with the Valor tip?
yes i got the single in 2.5 and dual out 2.25

i shall have pictures by tomorrow

is there a break in period?? and do i have to disconnect the battery? if so how?

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
There is no need to disconnect the battery. Most people agree that there is a break-in period for the muffler. This does not mean you can't mash it or anything. The muffler just burns off the loose wire mesh inside and after about 2000mi you will notice a different sound. You will smell a scent of burning metal for a while. After the smell is gone your muffler should be broken in.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
AlpineJLAudio said:
There is no need to disconnect the battery. Most people agree that there is a break-in period for the muffler. This does not mean you can't mash it or anything. The muffler just burns off the loose wire mesh inside and after about 2000mi you will notice a different sound. You will smell a scent of burning metal for a while. After the smell is gone your muffler should be broken in.
hahah the sound will get louder? quieter? and yes i can smell something from the rear after driving haha

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey guys...water is coming out of my exhuast...quite alot of amount...but not liek flooding out or anything but enough to get your attention..but is this normal??

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
thats part of the combustion. Did it do this while was still cold..once it gets to operating temp it wont do it much. Mine did it a good bit right after I got my true duals.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
05XRunner said:
thats part of the combustion. Did it do this while was still cold..once it gets to operating temp it wont do it much. Mine did it a good bit right after I got my true duals.
ok cool thanks

and here are pix

if you guys want sound clip i have it on my computer.
just tell me how to put sound clips on this forum thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
cchukan said:
ok cool thanks

I want to hear a sound clip!!! I think putfile is the place where you can host them...?

·
My name is Blake
Toyota Tacoma
4,913 Posts
cchukan said:
ok cool thanks

and here are pix

Wow. That setup looks nice as hell. I really like the tips. I am glad you got the rolled tips. They look very clean and classy.

Good Job. How do you like the sound? :thumbup:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
putfile.com is just not working for me iono why
any other site i can use to upload sound clip?

·
Official Misfit
1,453 Posts
break in...took my flow 40's about one fire up to break in...maybe its cuse there is nothing in there. :lol:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.